Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:38 pm

Poll: Will you help us stop the sun?
This poll is closed.
Yes, of course... it is my duty to assist the other creatures of the world in this completely beneficial endeavor. Smile
50.00%
3 50.00%
No. I'm a lazy fucker... it's not like you'd want my help anyway.
33.33%
2 33.33%
I might, but I'll need some convincing. Dog treats are helpful.
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We must stop the sun from allowing June 1st to occur in Alaska.
We must stop the sun from allowing June 1st to occur in Alaska.
Forumgoers, friends, rude imbeciles, ladies, gentlemen, trolls, poes, and the mighty Tiberio alike: We must stop the sun. It wishes to make the first of June a reality... we CANNOT allow this. Already, it begins to taint this world with the light of June the First, creeping across the Asian continent like a disgusting slug come to digest our world in its slime. China's already taken care of: do we need to risk more human life being infected by the first of June? I say: No.

No more will we stand by idly as the sun infects us with the light of each new day... no more shall we let the sun taint our mothers's and fathers's visage with the rage and the turmoil of the nuclear fusion at it's heart... NO MORE can we stand by and allow its luminosity to corrupt our children with age and sight!

Across this planet, all creatures are coming together under this singular purpose, in attempt to do something that hasn't been attempted in thousands of years (we succeeded in stopping it once or twice, you've read the Bible, right?). Now listen: we know this can be done. What we do not know... is how.

Some would suggest that we stop Earth's revolutions... but I consider this only a half-victory (the other half becomes permanently infested, and we'd be at war with them until one side triumphed over the other).

Others might suggest we stop time... but I also consider this only a half-victory: we've essentially eliminated ourselves for the sake of also eliminating the sun.

Another witty character could bring to mind a method of building a solar shield around the planet to stop the sun's gaze from reaching our planet... I'm finding myself partial to this option, as it doesn't involve us killing off the sun just because we're tired of it looking at us.

Other species, as I've mentioned, are pulling out all the stops in their respective ways, as an example:

Insanity x Wrote:I just witnessed either a daredevil spider or a suicidal one. Either way it just decided to jump out the window.

We will see them jump into volcanos, jump off of cliffs, dance, play sonatas on pianos, and even eat french fries in their attempt to STOP the sun. Well, we may not see them... but rest assured: this is what they are doing.

I ask: what will you be doing to contribute to the stopping of the sun? This is an effort of the whole earth... no species can be completely unaccounted for.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: We must stop the sun from allowing June 1st to occur in Alaska.
Plus if we murder the sun then I won't need to buy new curtains or deal with this awful humidity any more!

I have a sword that's quite shiny but its not going to help all that much.
There will be sun ... on June 31st in Alaska ... despite all the world's perilous plans and efforts to stop it.

The only difference is that, this time, it's gonna be sun like you've never seen before - beyond your most dreaded nightmare. And the sun will be endless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQJDBQzgwM

So it would be better to give up the fight. Smile
You could always move underground.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:I ask: what will you be doing to contribute to the stopping of the sun?

I'll pray.

That ought to handle it!
(May 31, 2013 at 8:53 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Plus if we murder the sun then I won't need to buy new curtains or deal with this awful humidity any more!

I have a sword that's quite shiny but its not going to help all that much.

Excellent... just a few more humani helping, and we might be able to do something.

England... and Europe: I'm sorry. We were not in time to save you from the sun of the 1st of june... with luck, we might yet save the eastern USA.

Sorry. Yog-Sothoth already slipped me a fiver to look the other way.[Image: w20.png][Image: dunno.gif]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Bong
(May 31, 2013 at 9:36 pm)Rayaan Wrote: There will be sun ... on June 31st in Alaska ... despite all the world's perilous plans and efforts to stop it.

The only difference is that, this time, it's gonna be sun like you've never seen before - beyond your most dreaded nightmare. And the sun will be endless.

We're seeing if we have the strength today to halter the light of the 1st of June... I would love to be able to stop it for more than a few hours (we're more likely to manage something like a nanosecond, but if enough humans chip in: we have a real shot at an hour).

I must say: even if you've been struck by the sun of the first of june... you could still help hold it back for someone else in the world. Please, I beseech you: help us.

Quote:So it would be better to give up the fight. Smile

No! Never give up without a fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3ZLFpk8C0

(May 31, 2013 at 9:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'll pray.

That ought to handle it!

It'll help... thank you, Min Smile

(May 31, 2013 at 9:54 pm)Faith No More Wrote: You could always move underground.

That's not how time zones work... Dodgy

(May 31, 2013 at 11:17 pm)apophenia Wrote:

Sorry. Yog-Sothoth already slipped me a fiver to look the other way.[Image: w20.png][Image: dunno.gif]

Damn... I was counting on you, Apo Sad

(May 31, 2013 at 11:29 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Bong

Even toking it up, helps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Beleive... I Must Be A Racist! N0RT0N 49 3098 July 25, 2020 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  I have decided to stop writing poetry. Brian37 0 288 April 1, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Stop the presses, Mr Agenda's rep is about to go three digits - rep whoring op! Whateverist 34 6375 July 9, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  How Long Does Someone Have to be Dead Before People stop Referring to them as Late? Rhondazvous 10 3088 May 18, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Maybe too soon, but it must be stated. Foxaèr 1 574 June 2, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Sorry, Evie. This must really hurt. Minimalist 15 2523 January 23, 2016 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  1st Day of Kwanza ~ Umoja Rhondazvous 12 1733 December 26, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Well all good things must come to a end dyresand 13 2724 August 9, 2015 at 7:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  AF's 1st annual Draw Muhammad competition Napoléon 25 4018 June 1, 2015 at 6:16 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey, Tibs has done 27 laps around the Sun, Bravo! LastPoet 15 2247 April 29, 2015 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda