Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Correctness Run Amok
Political Correctness Run Amok
http://news.yahoo.com/fired-word-negro-s...16980.html

Quote:Fired for word 'negro'? A Bronx teacher has filed a lawsuit claiming she was fired for using the word 'negro' in class. 'Negro' is the Spanish word for the color black.

Infuckingcredible.
RE: Political Correctness Run Amok
Ughhhh....just....uggghhh.

Hurts....my...brain
Unbelieveable stupidity. necro is also latin for black.

If I were a history teacher, I would also use the word during class, because that is what black people were called back then, and it is importent to know that.
(May 31, 2013 at 10:35 pm)plaincents822 Wrote: Ughhhh....just....uggghhh.

Hurts....my...brain

But then, you're used to your brain hurting Smile Don't worry, we love you anywa-shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-J7nViJU8
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
For fucks sake, it's not even pronounced the same.
(May 31, 2013 at 11:59 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: For fucks sake, it's not even pronounced the same.

Unnnggggghhhhh could be interpreted as either zombie sounds or orgasmic sounds... and uggghhhh can be interpreted as zombie sounds, Ogg sounds, orgasmic sounds, irritation sounds, disgust sounds... there's a lot of ways you can go with 'ugh'.

Protracted gh usually isn't present in a lot of those... really, the only parallel you cannot draw between my interpretation and what he said was that there is no prolonged 'u' (staple of zombie sound cloud).

... I could really get into it, but I'd prefer to just leave it there. No really... usually I'd be excited as all hell to figure out just *what specifically* zombies sound like... but it's really a stylistic choice with how widespread the subject matter has become.

The zombie is absolutely fascinating if you care to study it, by the way Thinking
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I'm confused. So is "negro" considered an epitaph now? Is "black," or is that one still OK? I ask because this seems to change depending on who you talk to. However, I do like it when white people weigh in on what words offend people of other ethnicities. It's hilariously arrogant.
The other day I discovered the MODs race champions name is Nick Gurr.

I have just stopped laughing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

This is one of the most ridiculous "teacher fired for..." stories I've read.

I also found this gem from another article on the story.

Quote:Smith’s attorney, Shaun Reid, called the charge that allegedly led to his client’s termination ridiculous.

“They haven’t even accounted for how absurd it is for someone who’s black to be using a racial slur to a student,” Reid told the Post.
Apparently it's absurd to think that black people can use racial slurs. So, no black person ever has used a racial slur against Mexicans, Jews, Latinos, heck, even white people? Bullshit.
Negro is also black in Italian.

I hope she wins her lawsuit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Different Economic and Political Systems Mechaghostman2 0 209 February 18, 2019 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1773 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 806 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Political Test account_inactive 179 14625 November 24, 2016 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  political satire ignoramus 0 694 January 13, 2016 at 6:58 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  GOP Political suicide and you dyresand 14 2621 June 30, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Political Correctness piterski123 32 5352 June 27, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Craven ploy to run up your post and kudos counts vorlon13 50 8201 September 22, 2014 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Obese Epidemic: Political, Economic and Scientific Aractus 45 7091 May 3, 2014 at 4:21 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  What if we run out of bacon? L.A.F. 37 8094 April 30, 2013 at 8:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko