Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Everyone!
Hey Everyone!
New user here. I actually discovered this site while I was at work today and figured I'd check it out, and now here I am (I am on page 202 of the "user pictures" thread. I think I'll like it here based on that alone).

My atheism story is a long one, so I'll save it for another post.

In general I'm 24, M, live in Northeast Pennsylvania and mostly work and play video games. You know, just like lots of people my age Tongue

I've recently began playing WoW again as I can't seem to stay away, but don't hold that against me. Other interests include music and sport shooting which I'm entirely new too. I just purchased a Gen 4 Glock G19 in March after waiting for about 4-5 months due to the firearms ban scare, which I think was entirely a ruse to bolster the economy (not really, but firearm companies can thank the media for sales I guess).

Speaking of the media - it generally disgusts me to read the newspaper or watch any sort of news, especially Faux News and, as the views of such sources always have some sort of agenda behind them, and usually not a good one. Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that. Etc, etc.

I enjoy browsing YouTube, watching Matt Dillahunty throw the gauntlet down, watching Zero Punctuation weekly, and I recently discovered "Fundies Say The Darnedest Things" which I'm currently going through in it's entirety. I also enjoy watching Game of Thrones even though I've read up to the 4th book so I know how the season ends. I just like seeing it realized in film.

And finally, any fans of Scandinavian metal and anything like it will instantly be my pal (see: my username), because there seem to be so few of us that are vocal about it, especially in the States.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm glad to have found this place and I hope I'll be able to contribute positively henceforth.

And for a final note - popeyespappy, I'm a big fan already. I'm planning on adopting a retired racing Grey when I get a chance. Yours is beautiful.
RE: Hey Everyone!
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome to AF, George Carlin fan I see, that's always a good thing Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
Thank you, and thank you Smile

Indeed I am, may he rest in peace even though I'm sure he'd have preferred to party it up rather than rest at all.
LOL

I just misread your username as "Hey Appartheit"

my personal wtf moment of the day.

Welcome.
Welcome. Watershed is good, but nothing can top Blackwater Park for me, especially Bleak/Harvest/Drapery Falls. Still Life probably #2, can't pass up Godhead's Lament, The Moor, and Benighted (the song that first inspired me to pick up a guitar and start learning to play it).

Heritage I couldn't listen to more than once unfortunately.

Again, welcome.
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
(June 1, 2013 at 5:33 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: LOL

I just misread your username as "Hey Appartheit"

my personal wtf moment of the day.

Welcome.

[Image: eyeglasses.png]
(June 1, 2013 at 7:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

BELAY THAT! Panic

NEVER rip the tag off of your mattress. Trust me... DON'T.

Brian: you don't give out fucking suicide advice unless someone is asking you a good way to commit suicide! Cranky Do you want to be responsible for their accidental death? Yeah... I didn't think so.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 1, 2013 at 1:17 am)Heir Apparent Wrote: I'm planning on adopting a retired racing Grey when I get a chance. Yours is beautiful.

Welcome and thank you!

Adopt from a group that fosters their hounds in their homes if you can. They are going to be more familiar with the personalities of the individual hounds than track adoption organizations or those that kennel their hounds, and can help you find one better suited to your life style. Generally speaking the big boys are going to more laid back than smaller males and most females. The longer they raced the calmer they are. There are of course exceptions. Fenced yards are nice for convenience sake, but there is no substitute for daily long walks on leash.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3029 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1805 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 605 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2282 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger