Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How one should react to natural disasters.
How one should react to natural disasters.
In the wake of the worst floods Germany has seen in a very very long time, efforts to keep the damage low and to rebuild have been fast and efficiant.

Today Merkel announced that 100 million euos in direct help would go to the hard hit state of Bavaria from the federal goverment.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...03638.html

And here`s the thing I have noticed and which I wanted to post about:

Not a single call by a public official to pray was given!

All efforts undertaken were actualy usefull!

Makes me proud Big Grin
RE: How one should react to natural disasters.
One thing the German people and the Scandinavian people have in common...efficiency.

You have every right to be proud TGAC Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
-By running in the opposite direction.

(looks like yall have that handled pretty well from the link....Bavaria...fucking loved that place - good to see you guys taking care of your own)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Germany should take care of itself if they can afford to, I don't see why European taxpayers should step in: http://www.dw.de/eu-pledges-aid-for-floo...a-16854776 I didn't see any German money flowing into Britain when we had floods, it seems money is only going one way in the EU from here: out of Britain.
Much better than the Oklahoma senator who said that aid to the tornado victims will be contingent upon finding cuts elsewhere.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
You're right to feel proud. What a great way to actually deal with a situation: Take action and not just ask the invisible man to do all the work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solipsism threads should only have one post. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1345 August 11, 2018 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Joods
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5243 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Comical word filter disasters. Gawdzilla Sama 1 650 November 26, 2017 at 9:22 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Can Interestingness be Forced or is it Natural? Edwardo Piet 42 4228 October 30, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How would you react to a gay person who found you TOTALLY repulsive ? vorlon13 294 27120 September 30, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Dogs react to magician's trick Kayenneh 2 708 March 23, 2014 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  Did I over react? Oldandeasilyconfused 9 2208 February 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Meatball