Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricky Gervais tweets #ActuallyDoSomethingForOklahoma
Ricky Gervais tweets #ActuallyDoSomethingForOklahoma
I guess he's pissing off the slacktivist Christians who'd rather pray than actually do something useful:

Ricky Gervais says actually do something for Oklahoma
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Ricky Gervais tweets #ActuallyDoSomethingForOklahoma
What a deplorable age in which we live where people believe closing their eyes, mumbling nonsense, and liking a Facebook post is better than actually doing something to help others.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I'm just waiting to hear the claims from Christians (other than the Westboro Baptist Church, naturally) that the tornadoes were sent by God as punishment for the recent changes to the law in Minnesota & other states allowing gay marriage. Because as we all know, when God is pissed off at heathens in Minnesota for allowing gay marriage, he smites the faithful Christians in Oklahoma.

And if prayer were actually useful, why don't people just pray that God prevents (if he doesn't cause natural disasters as some Christians claim) tornadoes from hitting Oklahoma (and elsewhere) in the first place?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:and the way the money is handled by the Red Cross, I promise, prayer IS
more effective. when the earthquake happened in Hatti, they did the
same, "text $10 to Red Cross"(easy way to pat one's self on the back as
well), after a certain amount was collected in Hatti's name, the Red
Cross decided enough had gone to Hatti, and would use it in other
capacities, but were still collecting under the guise of still
promoting, "text $10 to Red Cross". Prayer works, things happen for a
reason, even if we dont have the understanding.

And there are
people in OK, right now, with nothing material left, thanking God and
praying to God......even if you dont believe in Him, He believes in you.
God heals and restores.

Best reply to this clown was some guy asking if she could point out where "Hatti" is on a map. Lol.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 4, 2013 at 12:19 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I guess he's pissing off the slacktivist Christians who'd rather pray than actually do something useful:

Ricky Gervais says actually do something for Oklahoma

My favorite part of the OK debacle was 'rape joke' Doug Stanhope being the one to set up a successful money campaign for the woman who declared herself an atheist.

I hadn't heard that A+'s had arranged anything for her.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(June 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I'm just waiting to hear the claims from Christians (other than the Westboro Baptist Church, naturally) that the tornadoes were sent by God as punishment for the recent changes to the law in Minnesota & other states allowing gay marriage. Because as we all know, when God is pissed off at heathens in Minnesota for allowing gay marriage, he smites the faithful Christians in Oklahoma.

And if prayer were actually useful, why don't people just pray that God prevents (if he doesn't cause natural disasters as some Christians claim) tornadoes from hitting Oklahoma (and elsewhere) in the first place?

God has bad aim?

Or could it be that tornadoes form where the conditions are right for them to form and it has nothing to do with any fucking god?
(June 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Best reply to this clown was some guy asking if she could point out where Haiti is on a map. Lol.

If she knew where it was, she would probably have been able to spell it correctly.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(June 4, 2013 at 1:38 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(June 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Best reply to this clown was some guy asking if she could point out where Haiti is on a map. Lol.

If she knew where it was, she would probably have been able to spell it correctly.

Damn my iPad autocorrected it to Haiti Sad kind of ruined the humour Sad
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I went to Moore a couple days after the storms. I saw countless numbers of churches out there helping out. Didn't see any atheist groups, unfortunately.

Jus' sayin...
All generalizations are false.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ricky Gervais won Dawkins award this year Fake Messiah 13 2286 September 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ricky Gervais atheist04330 29 6173 July 21, 2014 at 12:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Dawkins and Gervais discussing religion Tobie 0 1145 June 12, 2013 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Tobie