Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Clearly, I am new to the forums. I will introduce myself momentarily.

I am fifteen years old, and I was raised Christian, but have been atheist since around second grade.

I'm a liberal Democrat - legalization of gay marriage, stricter gun control, protection of the environment, abortion rights, etc.

I attend a competitive high school for which you must apply to be admitted.

My favorite word is potato. I just love saying it. Po-ta-to.

If anyone here watches the vlogbrothers on YouTube, I, too, am a nerdfighter.

DFTBA.
[Image: potatoes-1.jpg]
Potatoes.
RE: Hi
You are fifteen and know what your political stance is? You must've started thinking about politics at a very early age! Smile

Welcome... and - just curious - your name is in reference to Aristotle. Are you into classical Philosophy?
"I know what you are thinking about,' said Tweedledum: 'but it isn't so, nohow.'

'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." ~Tweedledum and Tweedledee discussing the finer points of logic
My eighth grade history/social studies teacher was wonderful and discussed several topics that were not in the curriculum, including Aristotle and the golden mean. My friends and I were interested and thus researched it some more at home, and it became an inside joke of sorts, where we would make references to the golden mean whenever we said something.

Politics were also discussed in eighth grade history, but when I was in elementary school, I loved to read (still do). I received a book about presidents from a teacher and I wanted to learn more about the political parties, so I researched them. At first, I thought I agreed with the Republican Party, but as years have gone by and I have done more research and reading, I have become exceedingly left-wing and more certain with atheism.

And that is my experience with politics thus far.
[Image: potatoes-1.jpg]
Potatoes.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Don't listen to the jesus freaks, lad. They hate the thought that another one escaped their clutches.

Welcome aboard.

I have shirts older than you but that's okay. You are the future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQVFZx7XX4

Welcome to AF! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 4, 2013 at 9:52 pm)The Golden Mean Wrote: My favorite word is potato. I just love saying it. Po-ta-to.

Welcome

You'll love this then!

"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
Welcome Enjoy the forum
Welcome potato-man!
(June 4, 2013 at 9:52 pm)The Golden Mean Wrote: Clearly, I am new to the forums. I will introduce myself momentarily.

I am fifteen years old, and I was raised Christian, but have been atheist since around second grade.

I'm a liberal Democrat - legalization of gay marriage, stricter gun control, protection of the environment, abortion rights, etc.

I attend a competitive high school for which you must apply to be admitted.

My favorite word is potato. I just love saying it. Po-ta-to.

If anyone here watches the vlogbrothers on YouTube, I, too, am a nerdfighter.

DFTBA.

Like the Latin you post as "religious views". Wrote a poem titled in Latin" If you are interested, click on the link in my sig, the thread is 7 pages long, but I think "Deus Non Est" should be in the first couple pages somewhere.

Anywho, be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.