Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubstep
Dubstep
Is anyone into dubstep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...ExTkO-0-Ik
"I know what you are thinking about,' said Tweedledum: 'but it isn't so, nohow.'

'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." ~Tweedledum and Tweedledee discussing the finer points of logic
RE: Dubstep
Although I enjoyed the samples you provided I doubt that I would purchase any of this genre's music. I've never been a big fan of any electronic dance music, although I understand its attraction to those that frequent dance clubs or as background music in movies, trendy restaurants, etc.

I will declare that I can very much appreciate the compositional talent involved. If a notable artists gets a portion of the door/gate at a club or a festival of some sort, more power to them. I don't think I'll ever understand the desire for fans of the music to attend 'concerts' to watch someone push play on a computer and then play sound engineer without some significant visual interpretation.
Fair enough, cato123. Smile I too, attempt to at least appreciate what the artist was attempting to convey in a certain piece of music that I might not necessarily enjoy at first, or purchase. kudos to you
"I know what you are thinking about,' said Tweedledum: 'but it isn't so, nohow.'

'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." ~Tweedledum and Tweedledee discussing the finer points of logic
I'm still confused as to what exactly constitutes "dubstep." It seems to merely be a repackaging of electronic music by a younger generation. Anyways, here's some of the stuff I'm into, but I'm not exactly sure if this qualifies.

(June 5, 2013 at 10:31 am)cato123 Wrote: I will declare that I can very much appreciate the compositional talent involved. If a notable artists gets a portion of the door/gate at a club or a festival of some sort, more power to them. I don't think I'll ever understand the desire for fans of the music to attend 'concerts' to watch someone push play on a computer and then play sound engineer without some significant visual interpretation.

Many of them don't actually just push play. They set up their keyboards and synthesizers and play the music live. I say Mouse on Mars play live, and they actually played their whole electronic album using a guitar, a bass, and help from a guest on drums.

Most of the time electronic artists significantly alter songs for their live performances, so lots of times you're hearing remixes that you won't hear anywhere else.

Most of all, though, it's the atmosphere. It's a totally friendly environment where people have gathered to hear their favorite music bumping over giant speakers in a club with flashing lights everywhere. Plus, a large portion of the people there are on hardcore hallucinogens. (LSD makes electronic music that much sweeter.Smile)

And there is always significant visual interpretation. Check this out...

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weirdest dubstep Rhizomorph13 0 711 October 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13