Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Retarded Thing You've Heard From Priest/Preacher
Most Retarded Thing You've Heard From Priest/Preacher
Ok, this might be fun. Everyone chime in with the most retarded thing you've ever heard a preacher or priest say.

I'll start.

"Scientists have compared the DNA of humans and dirt and found out that it was so close it was almost scary!"

I heard in person in a tiny east Texas baptist church.
RE: Most Retarded Thing You've Heard From Priest/Preacher
If I quite going to church and didn't start caring what other people, think I would end up working at a gas station for the rest of my life.
I don't remember the year/issue, but there was a Watchtower magazine where they were trying to explain how god could see the future, yet be blindsided by man's actions. They compared god's ability to see the future to the muscles of a very strong man. Even when he wasn't using his muscles, he was still a strong man. He just wasn't using them at that moment. Thus, god could see into the future, but it was an ability he didn't always use.

It is the first time that I can recall where I took exception to a teaching. I don't know if it started me on the road to atheism, but I think it was the first chink in the armor of religion for me. It's just incomprehensible that something that ridiculous got past an editor.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(June 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm)Tonus Wrote: I don't remember the year/issue, but there was a Watchtower magazine where they were trying to explain how god could see the future, yet be blindsided by man's actions. They compared god's ability to see the future to the muscles of a very strong man. Even when he wasn't using his muscles, he was still a strong man. He just wasn't using them at that moment. Thus, god could see into the future, but it was an ability he didn't always use.

So, according to the Watchtower, we can add "reckless" to god's claimed attributes?
I think one time he called Jews hypocrites.

Actually, he was quoting the book of Matthew.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

When I was 7 and went to school in rural, backwards, racist, catholic Austria. My "religion" teacher was the local catholic priest.
In this case he didnt say something but it was the way he reacted that made me remember it.
He use to do lessons by showing pictures of events that take place in the new testament.
Those ere really old and the colors had started to change - with the skincolor changing to dark brown.

At one point a kid asked "Was Jesus a nigger" (and yes! believe it or not, even today almoust every single person in rural conservative Austria and southern Germany says "Nigger")

The priest reacted by repeatedly slapping the 7 year olds face, grabbing him at the ear and pulling the child, who was screaming in pain, out of the class on that ear.
(June 6, 2013 at 7:23 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: At one point a kid asked "Was Jesus a nigger" (and yes! believe it or not, even today almoust every single person in rural conservative Austria and southern Germany says "Nigger")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwOq8zB-ido

Well, in reality, there's been a study of what Jesus looked like, and the fact is that, not only is he not black, he looks so much like Tuco from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly that it's not even funny.

[Image: jesutuco.jpg]

Tuco Ramirez, Brother of Brother Ramirez, and Son of God.

On the topic, I've heard this phrase attributed to none other than Fred Phelps: "George Bush worships Mr. Peanut, whose name is the great god goober."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 6, 2013 at 8:08 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: [Image: jesutuco.jpg]

Tuco Ramirez, Brother of Brother Ramirez, and Son of God.

On the topic, I've heard this phrase attributed to none other than Fred Phelps: "George Bush worships Mr. Peanut, whose name is the great god goober."
Kinda looks like Miller lol
[Image: 13764888_ori.jpg]
"What child?"
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die, and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
Babies cry for no reason at all and therefore, it's proof of their sinfulness. They are liars.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 4123 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The best thing about ____________ ( fill in blank) onlinebiker 3 307 March 13, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 559 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1121 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The good thing about being forgetful and bills.... Brian37 13 693 July 25, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 514 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You guys heard of Turo? ignoramus 21 1478 December 10, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Who winds you up the most? Cod 26 1844 October 22, 2018 at 7:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  My cat is the weirdest thing Foxaèr 17 1768 October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  Say the nicest thing about the user above. Mystic 26 1840 October 7, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda