Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another day another American gun rampage.
Another day another American gun rampage.
Is it me or are they getting more regular?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22823290

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Another day another American gun rampage.
I notice he was taken out by cops and not armed citizens.

You would think that all these people with guns would've been able to protect themselves.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(June 8, 2013 at 4:00 am)Zen Badger Wrote: You would think that all these people with guns would've been able to protect themselves.

Indeed, especially since gun sales increase every time there is a gun related death reported by the media. Imagine if science books worked the same way by the government hinting that it might ban those.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 8, 2013 at 4:00 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I notice he was taken out by cops and not armed citizens.

You would think that all these people with guns would've been able to protect themselves.

I had the same thought.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Re: Another day another American gun rampage.
More reported, not more regular.
(June 8, 2013 at 4:00 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I notice he was taken out by cops and not armed citizens.

Santa Monica... Suburb of L.A.... Where your chances of getting a permit to lawfully carry roughly correspond to the volume of your campaign donations.

I'm not suggesting that it would have made a difference at all, but it's not any wonder why no armed citizens came to aid in a jurisdiction where it's illegal to carry.
(June 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: More reported, not more regular.

My maternal grandfather was one of six brothers.

They all died kind of young. One fell off an oil derrick. One went down in a bomber over Germany during WWII. Two died from Lou Gehrigs disease. My grandfather died from stomach cancer. By the time I was born only one was still alive.

He was gunned down in a small church in a small town in East Texas. Some crazy bastard came in shooting with an M-16. Shot my grandad's brother first. Also killed several other guys and a little girl before they took him down.

First funeral I ever went to.

I was around 7 or so.

I read somewhere once that it was the first mass shooting that ever occurred in a church in North America.
(June 8, 2013 at 4:17 am)Maelstrom Wrote:
(June 8, 2013 at 4:00 am)Zen Badger Wrote: You would think that all these people with guns would've been able to protect themselves.

Indeed, especially since gun sales increase every time there is a gun related death reported by the media. Imagine if science books worked the same way by the government hinting that it might ban those.

It would mean the rednecks in the bible belt would have to learn how to read.

Never happen.
I'm surprised the gun nutters don't object to our calling them "gun rampages". Isn't every shooting just one more example of a person exercising their 2nd amendment rights?
Guns don't kill, but people do kill, and people with guns kill with efficiency.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 3880 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 841 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1383 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1639 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1562 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Gun Thread Foxaèr 254 18228 September 29, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 812 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Proof gun control works GrandizerII 115 6120 August 23, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 3992 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I like that American left are miserable Snora 82 6775 March 24, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Little lunch