Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grayson Passes Corporate Death Penality Law
Grayson Passes Corporate Death Penality Law
Oh yes. Ohhh yesss. Feel it. You feel that? You taste it? It tastes like victory. It feels like winning. And it feels soooo goooooood.

Big Grin
RE: Grayson Passes Corporate Death Penality Law
I like Grayson. He's a progressive - not just a democrat. And he has balls.
I agree that corrupt corporate businessmen should be punished, but the death penalty is something I can never be in accordance with no matter the crime.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I was thinking he meant something along the lines of forcibly dissolving the corporation.
Maelstrom, you uh...might wanna read the article, man. XD
I'm pleased with this, but there is this one condition...

Quote:Of course, the amendments will be meaningful only if the Justice Department is willing to prosecute corporations that break the rules of their contract, and the public can’t be sure of that.

This is a chink in the armor that lobbyists will attack.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I agree that corrupt corporate businessmen should be punished, but the death penalty is something I can never be in accordance with no matter the crime.

You do realize they're not taking about actually executing anyone, right?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Ooops.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 9, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(June 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I agree that corrupt corporate businessmen should be punished, but the death penalty is something I can never be in accordance with no matter the crime.

You do realize they're not taking about actually executing anyone, right?

Too bad. Hang a couple of these corporate criminals and watch how fast the rest of the fuckheads fall in line.
(June 9, 2013 at 6:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 9, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote: You do realize they're not taking about actually executing anyone, right?

Too bad. Hang a couple of these corporate criminals and watch how fast the rest of the fuckheads fall in line.

Aren't corporations people now? And can't people be put to death?

I might be given to rethink my opposition to the death penalty if it were interpreted this way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The hearings and a matter of law. Brian37 0 221 June 29, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4327 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 825 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  LAW and CIVILIZATION senorlegalo 64 4812 January 19, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2512 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3398 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Athiestforum.org is a terrorist hole; accrding to new Saudi law. Human Rights Watch WinterHold 16 3206 November 24, 2017 at 5:51 pm
  What Is This All Men Are Equal Under The Law Shit? Minimalist 10 3394 May 24, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  So Trump thinks he is above the law now NuclearEnergy 2 840 April 21, 2017 at 10:46 am
  The Law of Unintended Consequences Strikes Again Minimalist 0 958 March 30, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist