Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Men Have Been Here
All Men Have Been Here

RE: All Men Have Been Here
Amen, Brother Min!

Lets just say A-Min!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
I must be missing something, because to me it is about the nail.

Though I suppose in the video the nail is metaphorical rather than literal.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Could be worse... could have been about a screw!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Hahahahaha!

I'm like a man in this way; I'm no good at sympathetic noises, and I'm always looking for solutions. That's probably why, when my last roommate announced to me that she was going to have to get a hysterectomy (VERY dramatic- she didn't actually need anything close to that), I asked her if I could have my mom call her (my mom is a patient advocate and has had a hysterectomy herself), she screamed, "no offense, BECCA, but your mom is fat and ugly and she looks like a man!"

I was just trying to help, but I guess she didn't want it. I found a place and moved out less than a month later.
I am very perceptive, but it is usually difficult for me to know how someone is thinking or feeling unless they expressly inform me with words. Just the other day at the gym, there was a guy who was having trouble with the treadmill. I assumed he needed help. What I should have done was get off my stationary bike and tried to help him myself, but instead I flagged a trainer and said that the guy needed help. What does the guy on the treadmill do? He states that he does not need help and continues to struggle with how to work the machine after the trainer walks away. It made me feel stupid.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 10, 2013 at 3:59 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: she screamed, "no offense, BECCA, but your mom is fat and ugly and she looks like a man!"

You roomed with Austin Powers!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(June 10, 2013 at 4:04 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I am very perceptive, but it is usually difficult for me to know how someone is thinking or feeling unless they expressly inform me with words.

Same here. My wife, however, always reads WAY too much into things. Like if she asks me how my day's going and I don't answer in just the right tone of voice she thinks something's wrong. When I could just be tired or busy doing something and just give a short answer. Of course she says I don't talk to her enough but I've never really been a person who talks a lot.

But I never did understand why women always want someone to empathize with them rather than fixing the problem in the first place.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
One of my favorite jokes, D/T.

Quote:HER SIDE OF THE STORY

He was in an odd mood when I got to the bar, I thought it might have been my fault because I was a bit late but he didn't say anything much about it.

The conversation was quite slow going so I thought we should go off somewhere more intimate so we could talk more privately. We went to this restaurant and he was STILL acting a bit funny. I tried to cheer him up and started to wonder whether it was me or something else. I asked him, and he said no. But I wasn't really sure.

So anyway, in the cab on the way back to his house, I said that I love him and he just put his arm around me. I didn't know what the hell that meant because you know he doesn't say it back or anything. We finally got back to his place and I was wondering if he was going to dump me! So I tried to ask him about it but he just switched on the TV. Reluctantly, I said I was going to go to sleep. Then after about 10 minutes, he joined me and we had sex.

But, he still seemed really distracted, so afterwards I just wanted to leave but I just cried myself to sleep. I dunno, I just don't know what he thinks anymore. I mean, do you think he's met someone else???

HIS SIDE OF THE STORY

My team lost. Felt Kinda Tired. Got laid though.
(June 10, 2013 at 4:23 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
(June 10, 2013 at 4:04 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I am very perceptive, but it is usually difficult for me to know how someone is thinking or feeling unless they expressly inform me with words.

Same here. My wife, however, always reads WAY too much into things. Like if she asks me how my day's going and I don't answer in just the right tone of voice she thinks something's wrong. When I could just be tired or busy doing something and just give a short answer. Of course she says I don't talk to her enough but I've never really been a person who talks a lot.

But I never did understand why women always want someone to empathize with them rather than fixing the problem in the first place.

Your wife and I would get along great. I do that all the time. I talk way to much and I can solve my own problems after I vent about it to someone who cares.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've been born again. Jehanne 17 1396 February 17, 2022 at 4:56 am
Last Post: no one
  Your news (wo)men crush(es) Foxaèr 17 1406 March 28, 2018 at 10:11 am
Last Post: GUBU
  SNL has been killing it lately Aegon 19 2108 February 19, 2017 at 12:35 am
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Post the songs you hate here. Yes, right here! brewer 265 24595 September 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  How long has this been going on? BrianSoddingBoru4 0 675 December 13, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Men's standards of beauty around the world Regina 12 2663 March 21, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Where have you Brits been hiding this guy? SteelCurtain 3 1043 March 31, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Indian men arrested for trying to bury baby girl alive Forsaken 10 5351 May 11, 2012 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pray for Muamba (or any other person that's been fucked over) Napoléon 25 8196 March 30, 2012 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  "Why Science is Better Than Religion and Always Has Been" Justtristo 1 936 November 14, 2011 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko