Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Do You Live Where You Do?
Why Do You Live Where You Do?
Where do you live and why do you live there?

I live in a small beach village north of San Diego. I moved here eight years ago to escape the horrible winters in Upstate New York, and fell in love with my area immediately.
RE: Why Do You Live Where You Do?
Mississippi, because I'm going to school. Then is off to see the wizard...
I don't have a car or a license, so I'm pretty much stuck here. Plus, this is where my college and my family is at. And I grew up here, and I don't know anything else. I'm pretty firmly rooted in Birmingham (Alabama). Birmingham also has the lowest cost of living in the country and a healthy job market. It's hard to imagine giving that up.
Moved to 35 NW of Phoenix when I retired. Sick of the rotten weather and high cost of living in NY.
I have often wondered why I am still here. I cannot stand this state even though I was raised around here. I am in the same boat as futilethewinds, because I have no car. Never had a car in my entire life, and I am in my early thirties. I do have my license, and only got it because I paid for driving lessons when I was younger. If I really wanted to leave, I suppose I could take a bus or a plane out of here, but I have no money. Employment opportunities in this state suck and I have not had a job for a while. Never come to Florida, unless it is for a vacation.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Born and raised around here... work is close by, my kids grandparents' places are close... I see no reason to go away.
It'd be hard for me to leave this place without the monetary means to do so, but if I could move I would not. I like the crazy state of Massachusetts.
I moved out here as a nanny. Then I met my husband whose job is here, so I stayed. I was in Arkansas, so DC was a welcomed change. Though, if left to my own devices, I'd like to try out the West coast or abroad somewhere, anywhere, I'm not picky Smile
Because it doesn't suck.
Tórshavn, it's the capital and it's comfy here. No real reason otherwise.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1459 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 6017 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 2921 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 6004 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Would you want to live here? Foxaèr 22 4066 April 28, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: c172
  Anyone live near Washington DC? Whateverist 25 1867 April 1, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Forced To Live With An Obnoxious Person Mechaghostman2 21 3482 January 16, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to know if you live in a Patriarchy or Matriarchy ErGingerbreadMandude 11 1911 December 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  How are the Cops like where you live? ErGingerbreadMandude 68 7810 February 16, 2017 at 11:28 am
Last Post: frankiej
  What's your favorite thing about the country you live in? Edwardo Piet 48 8109 February 9, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus