Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Commercial
Atheist Commercial
There is a commercial for Atheism.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
RE: Atheist Commercial
This seems a bit over-the-top to me, "ATHEISTS ARE NONCONFORMIST, LOGICAL INTELLECTS WHO SEEK KNOWLEDGE". And I thought there was simply a disbelief involved.

Not an exact quote above.
Aired in a country with a significant portion of the population believing that we're baby-eating Satan worshipers.

It's a bit cornball but I won't say no to a little positive PR for my godless brothers and sisters.
(June 12, 2013 at 1:34 am)Psykhronic Wrote: This seems a bit over-the-top to me, "ATHEISTS ARE NONCONFORMIST, LOGICAL INTELLECTS WHO SEEK KNOWLEDGE". And I thought there was simply a disbelief involved.

Not an exact quote above.

Cars don't get the gas mileage they claim in commercials, either. You have to allow for a little leeway.
Bahaha. Okay, fair points. Both of you.
There was nothing in the video about baby-eating. I feel that a complaint is in order.
Nor was there anything which said that we're just pretending to not believe in God so we can live immoral lives. I am dissapoint.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 12, 2013 at 4:05 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: There was nothing in the video about baby-eating. I feel that a complaint is in order.
Yeah, as a responsible atheist who enjoys the occasional infant for dinner I certainly don't feel properly represented by the above advertisement and/or public statement.
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
In all seriousness, was "We go one god further" the best slogan they could come up with? Maybe it because I'm an ex-Wiccan, or maybe South Jersey just has an uncommon abundance of liberal Christians, but I've known more than a few religious people who believe that their own faith is but one of many paths to a common "truth" and are thus worshipping different versions of the same god. The notion of "you're atheist to all other gods but the one you worship" doesn't apply to universalism.

Other than that, I liked it...just the slogan at the end slightly ruined it for me. Undecided
I'll give them an "A" for effort.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FFRF Commercial Exian 4 1329 March 9, 2015 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Exian