Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have at you!
Have at you!
Posted with permission.

In 2012 I wrote a non-fiction e-book on atheism called "Beyond the Devil." It's around 50k words (roughly 160 pages), so no mere pamphlet, and available on Amazon.com for Kindle (Kindle for PC works too, if you don't have an e-reader). It touches lightly on some scientific and philosophical points when unavoidable, but was written for the layman, and is far from technical or scholarly. I kept it as simple as possible, because really, to me, atheism is a simple issue. It's probably not much competition for stuff by Dawkins and Hitchens, but that wasn't the intent. I figured if I wrote it all out, instead of ever getting into another religious debate, I could just say: "Here, read this." At least while they were reading I could tip away and avoid having the same conversation for the nth time. It hasn't changed the world as far as I can tell but it must be reasonably comprehensive, since hanging around on these forums for a while, I keep thinking, "Oh yeah, I covered that in BtD..."

I hesitate to call it a literary masterpiece, but you might find it entertaining. You can read the first chapter using the "What's Inside" feature on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-the-Devil-e...+the+devil
- C. Neron
RE: Have at you!
I finished reading your book yesterday, and it was great! I was laughing all the way through. You have a very scathing sense of humor. You are destined for bestsellerdom! Wish I could get a signed copy, but how do you autograph an e-book?
RE: Have at you!
Thank you, Clam. Yeah, I couldn't help myself from making smart-ass remarks given the subject matter. Glad you enjoyed it, but I think best-seller status is a bit much to hope for. You could send me a $100 bill and I could autograph that. I'll send it back... swear to God.

P.S. What the hell is a "Reformed Druid?"
- C. Neron