Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kumare
Kumare

Dumb westerners who think that anybody speaking with an accent and wearing robes is somehow enlightened. Guru's are all con-men and this illustrates exactly how easy it is to get people who desperately want to believe in something to believe in it.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Kumare
Oh, shit. That looks awesome. Is it out yet?
That does look good. I love his beard.
(June 15, 2013 at 12:09 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Oh, shit. That looks awesome. Is it out yet?

Yeah, though I've just seen the trailer. It's amazing what people will believe when they want to believe something.
So I saw the full movie and it is one of the most amazing things that I've seen in recent years. It really makes you realize that this is how a religion can start. Kumare gets just as many disciples as Jesus did just by making up random phrases that sounded spiritual on the spot.
Makes me sad to see how desperately people are searching for things to believe in... they'll buy any bullshit if it just helps them cope Sad
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
(June 20, 2013 at 8:32 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: So I saw the full movie and it is one of the most amazing things that I've seen in recent years. It really makes you realize that this is how a religion can start. Kumare gets just as many disciples as Jesus did just by making up random phrases that sounded spiritual on the spot.

Where did you see it?
(June 20, 2013 at 9:04 am)Faith No More Wrote: Where did you see it?

Don't alert the FBI, but I torrented it.
(June 20, 2013 at 10:14 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Don't alert the FBI, but I torrented it.

"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
Here is a copy of the full movie. Might get taken down so watch it while you can.

[video removed]