Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Of Steel
Man Of Steel
I went to see Man of Steel, yesterday. Firstly, It's a Bloody good film and I recommend it. It has Good Pacing, Good story and makes it Strong yet vulnerable.
However I watched a video by DarkAntics and he made me see there is a lot of Christian undertone in it. And I think It would have been better without it.
Warning: Contains Spoilers.

But I would still recommend it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Man Of Steel
Wow I just saw an article about this this morning on CNN. It's pretty sucky that this movie is just a trojan horse for Christianity.

Superman: Flying to a Church Near You
Quote:even offering sermon notes that compare Superman to Jesus.

Both are total fucking fiction so they DO have that in common.
(June 16, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:even offering sermon notes that compare Superman to Jesus.

Both are total fucking fiction so they DO have that in common.

Agreed,still It is annoying.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
I heard that about superman years ago. The parallels are numerous. Why that should worry atheists I have no idea.
(June 16, 2013 at 12:48 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I heard that about superman years ago. The parallels are numerous. Why that should worry atheists I have no idea.

I am not worried, I am annoyed of the blatant Christian favourism and referances.
[Image: superman_god.jpg]
(June 16, 2013 at 12:52 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: I am not worried, I am annoyed of the blatant Christian favourism and referances.

Yeah I know Christians who refuse to play cards because the jack is the devil. etc etc etc.

It's a good story often plagiarised. Don't be a fundie.
(June 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:
(June 16, 2013 at 12:52 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: I am not worried, I am annoyed of the blatant Christian favourism and referances.

Yeah I know Christians who refuse to play cards because the jack is the devil. etc etc etc.

It's a good story often plagiarised. Don't be a fundie.

I am still praising the Film and its a good story, I just think some of the more blatant Christian bits should have been left out that's all.
(June 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: I just think some of the more blatant Christian bits should have been left out that's all.

I have not seen it, but from what has been explained to me the theistic parallel is that Superman makes a better Jesus figure than the biblical version. After all, rather than resign to dying like a wimp, Superman uses his amazing powers to free himself and whoop those bad guys' asses.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter