Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:08 pm

Poll: Do we share a common ancestor with the rest of the primates, or is your god an asshole?
This poll is closed.
Humans share a common ancestor with the rest of the primates.
90.91%
10 90.91%
God is an asshole.
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a monkey’s cousin, or is your god is an asshole?
Are you a monkey’s cousin, or is your god is an asshole?
About 8% of human DNA is viral in origin. Almost all of the viral DNA is common to all primates. There are only two possible explanations for both the commonality and the differences. It accumulated over time in our ancestors during the evolutionary process, or god put it there. The former, like everything else we understand about biology is consistent with evolution. As for the later, well there was no real reason for god to put viral DNA in all its creations. Especially since god would know that I and others like me would see the evidence for evolution and reject creationism. If that is the case my theist friends your god wants me to burn in his hell fires, and that makes him an asshole.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Are you a monkey’s cousin, or is your god is an asshole?
Why can't I vote for both options?
(June 16, 2013 at 1:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Why can't I vote for both options?

Because only theists can be right
I feel cheated, Frods.
Shot in the back min
More like kicked in the nuts.
Not only do humans share DNA with primates, but we are also primates ourselves. We are also apes (greater apes to be specific).
Psh. I don't know what your talking about. I am a bunny.
Just like how God put all those fossils in the ground (or was that Satan?) and made the earth look much older than the 6,000 years it has existed just to fool people into disbelieving in biblical creationism and therefore the bible.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 19, 2013 at 11:32 am)Savannahw Wrote: Psh. I don't know what your talking about. I am a bunny.

Huh.. I thought Ms. Lucky was one.

(Is this an invasion of bunnies?!)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don’t Monkey with Education Gawdzilla Sama 1 455 May 15, 2017 at 3:39 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do we have in the genes no mitochondria of the first monkey? SamWatson 0 449 April 9, 2017 at 5:18 am
Last Post: SamWatson
  AEBC #2 has a cousin Joods 13 1522 February 4, 2017 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 4662 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Monkey Robs Bank - Karl Pilkington Koolay 0 1118 July 8, 2013 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Koolay
  Monkey friendship frankiej 5 1821 January 11, 2012 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Monkey learns how to floss teeth :) theVOID 10 3042 January 4, 2010 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13