Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
think my beliefs have changed again :S what am I now?
think my beliefs have changed again :S what am I now?
first please don't judge me for what i write, I'm a pretty open person and just saying what I honestly feel/believe and not trying to offend anyone.

But before in highschool i was super christian, then i became athesit when i got frustrated with how crap works in life.

then i became like liberal universalist christian where i believed everyone goes to heaven after they die and god loves everyone and gotta focus on being a good person, but now after being treated like crap by lotta people im more pissed off and kinda want some people to go to hell :S

So basically now, I believe theres a God, but I feel like he doesn't give 2 craps about our prayers and in the end will only do what he wants. But I kinda also believe in karma and doing good things, and there being a hell and I want everyone that I hate to go to hell, though not for eternity, just for a good amount of time then just stop existing all together, if that makes sense.

So what should I call my self? Theist? Deist? God-is-a-jerk-i-just-want-everyone-i-hate-to-go-to-hell-ist?
RE: think my beliefs have changed again :S what am I now?
Why-do-you-need-a-labelist?
Censored
(June 16, 2013 at 9:56 pm)LeoVonFrost Wrote: Why-do-you-need-a-labelist?

mostly to see what group of people i'd identify well with, forexample i didnt know much about universalist people but when i was asking about if theres any belief that everyone goes to heaven, someone suggested unitarian universalist, and i made some good friends that way.

also if someone asks, what is your belief, i'd like to have an answer rather then take 5 mins to explain everything i do/don't believe.
You want the people you hate to go to a place of eternal torment and you believe in karma? How does that want affect your karma?
Quote:also if someone asks, what is your belief

Worry less about what you believe and more about what you can demonstrate to be true.

We're frequently inundated with the beliefs of various god-humpers around here. None of it is worth a fart in a hurricane.
How old are you? Seriously, a world view that is consistent with reality can be a lifelong journey. To be worried about identifying with one tribe / label or another seems to indicate you are just at the beginning of this journey.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
How about 'working it out'?

[Image: D7612546_714_946667178]

(June 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm)Jextin Wrote: also if someone asks, what is your belief, i'd like to have an answer rather then take 5 mins to explain everything i do/don't believe.

Lucky for you, there are options available!

Choose one from the following:
1) Scientologist
2) Hare Krishna
3) "Trying to find myself"
4) Confused

Be aware that option 4 may be followed by attempts to convert you. This may be good or bad, depending on the sex and attractiveness of the questioner, and your current relationship status. (Not to be confused with your Facebook relationship status.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You're just you. You don't need a label. You clearly like to think things through and consider your options, and that can only be a good thing. Smile
(June 16, 2013 at 9:54 pm)Jextin Wrote: first please don't judge me for what i write, I'm a pretty open person and just saying what I honestly feel/believe and not trying to offend anyone.

But before in highschool i was super christian, then i became athesit when i got frustrated with how crap works in life.

then i became like liberal universalist christian where i believed everyone goes to heaven after they die and god loves everyone and gotta focus on being a good person, but now after being treated like crap by lotta people im more pissed off and kinda want some people to go to hell :S

So basically now, I believe theres a God, but I feel like he doesn't give 2 craps about our prayers and in the end will only do what he wants. But I kinda also believe in karma and doing good things, and there being a hell and I want everyone that I hate to go to hell, though not for eternity, just for a good amount of time then just stop existing all together, if that makes sense.

So what should I call my self? Theist? Deist? God-is-a-jerk-i-just-want-everyone-i-hate-to-go-to-hell-ist?

You don't need to wear a label, that is for the sheep.

And it will take you a long time to work shit out, probably your whole life.

But that's ok, the journey is always more interesting than the destination.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My views have somewhat changed Mirek-Polska 16 1384 February 10, 2017 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  can identical twins have different religious beliefs? ignoramus 16 4054 June 25, 2014 at 9:05 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  How did the Universe Come to be? (my beliefs) BrumelyKris 24 6770 October 10, 2013 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Rosenberg's Argument Against Beliefs Neo-Scholastic 29 14566 April 23, 2013 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists? CliveStaples 124 47121 August 29, 2012 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Categories+Sheaves
  Properly basic beliefs. (Reformed Epistemology) theVOID 13 7539 December 29, 2010 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Stempy