Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hi
I'm from the East Midlands and wanted to find like minded people in the area. I've been an atheist/non-believer for a number of years. I was made to go to Sunday school as a kid, was christened and never really questioned religion until I got to my teens. My parents weren't devoutly religious and let me make my own decisions. Over the last few years I've become more vocal about my views, particularly as I have a lot of American friends who are being made to feel like second class citizens in their communities because they don't believe in god.

I've fallen out with one of my oldest friends over my anti-religious stance, though he used to be a devout non-believer until he married his american wife and he got sucked in to the church, became very right wing and eventually unfriended me on Facebook as he didn't like my atheist posts. Anyway, I'm glad I've found this place!

Dunk
RE: Hello
Hello and welcome. Cookie? Cookie
Thanks Cookie!
(June 20, 2013 at 10:50 am)DatheistL Wrote: Hi
Welcome chap!

[Image: 3ogm9q.jpg]

Sorry couldn't resist Wink
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
Welcome!
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(June 20, 2013 at 11:22 am)littleendian Wrote:
(June 20, 2013 at 10:50 am)DatheistL Wrote: Hi
Welcome chap!

[Image: 3ogm9q.jpg]

Sorry couldn't resist Wink

We wouldn't have gone out of the last World Cup so early if they'd had goal line technology and Frank Lampards goal had stood against the USA! Wink Shades
(June 20, 2013 at 11:28 am)DatheistL Wrote: We wouldn't have gone out of the last World Cup so early if they'd had goal line technology and Frank Lampards goal had stood against the USA! Wink Shades
[Image: NFLReplacementReferees-23109.jpg]
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome to the party.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5961 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3631 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates