Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motives
Motives
I basically get personal mainly with forums so...

I was wondering, about your thoughts on a specific something.

You post on this forum, but not everywhere, and not at all times. So I have to ask... do You care? Let me ask You this again...

Do. You. Care?

Some of You may be wondering what the fuck am I even asking..? Some may get it right away, but I will still explain.

I was cautious with the media and culture up to today. Some mindsets en masse are quite troubling. For instance, if You watch PewDiePie often, You may have a deteriorated understanding of something. AKA "I DON'T CARE"! When people have heavy exposure to another environment while that environment differs from their own, they can cope with it in different ways. Reject it, adapt to it, influence it, etc. Specifically on the popular mindset for not caring, this can be of concern. How many times have You heard someone say that they "don't care"? For myself, it is all too well known.

I am concerned that the literal message and the perceived meaning have been confused: they do not match. I am moderately vexed to think that some people have confused the usage for caring... with being interested. Do You remember Final Fantasy 7? Cloud was the character known for not being interested, but still caring. And I agree with that. It is nearly impossible to not care about anything so long as it is your mind at 1 point. But now people ramble about not caring like it makes them any more mature or badass. Seriously, the message is scrambled!

I understand that people actually mean they are not interested when they acclaim to the literal message of not caring. Completely understandable, I get what You are trying to say! But when You obscure your language with invented rules and slang and such, the meaning behind any message becomes less known.

Just imagine what the world would be like if people adapted to false ideals. Oh wait.

A bit of a random rant maybe, but I hope You all get what I was trying to discuss about the theme of "motives" and that.
RE: Motives
I don't care. And when I care, unwillingly, I try not to care anymore.
* Illusion is a big world ... and the world is a bigger illusion.
* Try to live happy ... try to make others live happy.
This is where someone like myself differs from You.

Take for instance, the topic of heaven and hell. If You were a "non-caring" atheist (I did not check your page if You were sorry), You might say, "I don't care about heaven and hell".

For myself, I would say, "I take no interest in heaven and hell, but I do care that people are faithful out of fear that if they were to wrong their religion... they would believe that they would be condemned to torture in hell".

-

I guess it comes down to thinking of others... like if You think rehabilitation is an option for those You would normally cast aside.
Just another bash religion thread? Jerkoff
(June 20, 2013 at 8:31 pm)catfish Wrote: Just another bash religion thread? Jerkoff

Oh no, feel free to comment without being obligated to mention religion.
Care or not care about what?
(June 20, 2013 at 8:52 pm)Walking Void Wrote:
(June 20, 2013 at 8:31 pm)catfish Wrote: Just another bash religion thread? Jerkoff

Oh no, feel free to comment without being obligated to mention religion.

Oh, okay then.

Wow!, yet another bash (insert option here) thread. How fucking typical that it wasn't disguised very well.
(June 20, 2013 at 8:57 pm)cato123 Wrote: Care or not care about what?

If You are someone that cares, and if You get what it means to care. Where I live (not sure about others), the act of not caring or even the statement is a hollowed out culture-statement.
Are you thinking in English? Because your words are coming out strange.
I get it. I'm a little spastic so I can follow the ramble.
I care. Sometimes it sucks, but most the time it is worth it.