Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi :D
Hi :D
Hi everyone.

I'm an undergrad in Toronto studying pharmacology and spend most of my time either at school, doing research, or working at some part-time job. Grew up in a country where shariah law applies to muslims, and was a christian and believed in creation and all that. Then I went to university and read a book on evolution and decided that creation is a myth and a god shouldn't be able to get away with saying that his book is just a metaphor. That's my deconversion in a nutshell.

Nice to meet you all Smile
RE: Hi :D
Welcome

Feel free to join my growing bunny club, we accept all and love all and don't believe in bunny hell Wink
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Hi! that is only logical since bunnies have no soul. Big Grin
Not of our own, no, but for fifty bucks I will steal yours if you want me to Big Grin
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Welcome, Pineapple !
* Illusion is a big world ... and the world is a bigger illusion.
* Try to live happy ... try to make others live happy.
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

Pharmacology is so interesting! (I'm studying to become a pharmacist Tongue)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello and Welcome!
Pineapplebunnybounce is a happy sounding name. I like it.
Welcome.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Good to have you with us!