Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:47 am

Poll: what do you think?
This poll is closed.
dumbass
28.57%
4 28.57%
super duper dumbass
64.29%
9 64.29%
just spreadin the word of god nbd he will live after death anyways!
0%
0 0%
bible says don't test god why is he testin god?
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deadly tight ropin for god
deadly tight ropin for god
How do you feel about this guy walking a tightrope across the grand canyon live on Discover Channel praising god halleluiah telling god he is good he is great praise jesus praise jesus praise jesus who gives him strength thank you jesus calm that wind calm that wind thank you jesus the wind calmed thank you for this beautiful creation you made you are the king of kings thank you lord you are my everything my peace my strength my wisdom my guidance, Yeshua, my rock king of kings, sorcerer, my god. Thank you jesus thank you Discovery channel for believin in me thank you Jesus!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: deadly tight ropin for god
I think of him the same as I think of those who thank god for healing someone when it was obviously the work of a doctor or when an athlete thanks god for winning a medal when it was obviously the hard training he put into practice that won him that medal. I think the worst culprits of thanking god are the actors receiving their awards.

[Image: 1013889_485295591558149_1095008357_n.png]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Well he made it! God musta been on his side for spreading his name to all the nonbelievers!
Secretly I think the Discovery guys thought if he fell itd be funny.

Oh now he just announced he's doing New York sky scrapers. Needless to say his two kids behind him looked less than thrilled.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

I don't know about Discovery but I would have laughed my ass off. Every year a couple of morons fall into the canyon.
Feel a little sorry for him. I mean imagine if this guy ever becomes an atheist, looking back he'll realize that he was responsible for the amazing feat he did.

I get very annoyed when someone thanks god for something someone else did for them. As if it's so inconceivable that humans are capable of doing great things out of kindness/goodness.
Yep. Everytime some idiot hits a homerun and points at the sky I'm shouting "YOU hit the ball, dickhead, not jesus."

Jesus could have never handled a curveball.
They give god credit for their very existence though. So their talent and abilities don't belong to them. It comes off as humility but deep down they're imagining how special they must be to god and their treasures in heaven increasing and their place in the heirarchy of heaven getting better for when they die. After they die. After they die and go to heaven like the special kids of Christ they are because they were smarter than everyone else. Its sick in my eyes, in this case he's putting god before his children; letting them watch as he risks his life for fame fortune in the name of god. You know they had the "if I don't live I'm goin to heaven and you two will have to take care of eachother" talk.

Proof - from the lips of Pedro Cerrano.

Quote:Milton Tso, president of the Cameron community on the Navajo Nation, told the Associated Press. "He's not walking across the Grand Canyon. He's walking across the Little Colorado River Gorge on the Navajo Nation. It's misleading and false advertising."

Kind of telling considering the message he was trying to portray. How did he stay up with all that wind blowing? Big Grin I can't support the message but the actual act is quite courag...nope...wait...what's that word - stupid. I'm surprised more people didn't join him considering the lemming mentality of the religious and the promise of such great reward after they fall to their death. Good luck on the next one, I'm sure he secretly hopes thor isn't airborne and eavesdropping.
Censored
Quote:It's misleading and false advertising.

...And yet so, so typical.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19146 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie