Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rand Paul
Rand Paul
I just saw another news article that glibly refers to Rand Paul as a "libertarian leaning" Senator. I've seen other assertions that he's a "libertarian".

Rand Paul is rabidly anti-choice, pro-surveillance state and cozies up to the religious right. Can anyone name for me a single socially-liberal position he's taken?

As far as I can tell, he's a hardcore authoritarian conservative. There's nothing "libertarian" about him.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Rand Paul
He's about as "libertarian" as his daddy was.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 24, 2013 at 8:58 am)Rhythm Wrote: He's about as "libertarian" as his daddy was.

For some weird reason I like Ron Paul to some extent, he stands for what he believes in no matter what, rare thing to find in a politician these days Wink

I do not agree with him on many things, but I do respect him, his son is a whole another story, your typical cookie-cutter republican pretending to be libertarian who will say anything to be elected, and then he does what god, military and corporate industrial complex tells him to Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
Quote:Rand Paul as a "libertarian leaning"

Sort of like saying that Harvey Fierstein.....

[Image: 93210__harvey_l.jpg]

is slightly gay!
I promise that I will do my part to remove him from the Senate in three years.
(June 24, 2013 at 12:09 pm)FifthElement Wrote: For some weird reason I like Ron Paul to some extent, he stands for what he believes in no matter what.

That sounds just like every other politician to me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
So did Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and Ronald Fucking Reagan.
Seems to be the thing these days to call regular old Republicans libertarians. If you're not a civil libertarian, you're not a libertarian.
That may be coming to an end, too.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-19549.html
(June 24, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Seems to be the thing these days to call regular old Republicans libertarians.

It's their way of clinging to all of the Republican dogma while pretending at the same time to be anti-Republican establishment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 2872 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Paul Manafort fredd bear 21 3177 March 10, 2019 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Paul Krugman Called It Minimalist 38 6014 October 22, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Oops. Fucked Up Again, Paul Minimalist 2 559 May 18, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rand Paul Caves Like The Useless Shit He Is Minimalist 7 1647 April 23, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2514 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Losing respect for Rand Paul shadow 127 10862 February 4, 2018 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Open Letter to Speaker Paul Ryan....... Brian37 8 2311 October 20, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2911 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Poor Paul Ryan Minimalist 10 2556 March 30, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Brian37