Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translation:
Translation:
Santorum to produce boring movies for the most boring of people!

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013062...BTV03.html

Quote:"You have millions of Americans who don't go to the movies because they don't want to see, and they don't want their children seeing, certain content,"
RE: Translation:
But will he ever solve his Google problem?
He can never be president thanks to Dan Savage. That makes me happy :-)
Quote:"You have millions of Americans who don't go to the movies because they don't want to see, and they don't want their children seeing, certain content,"

One has to wonder what happens in the brains of a minority when they think "gee...all of society likes this stuff...except us. Why?"
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
That's easy. It's because "THEY" are evil!

These are people who are in a perpetual state of us v them.
(June 25, 2013 at 7:59 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: One has to wonder what happens in the brains of a minority when they think "gee...all of society likes this stuff...except us. Why?"

Unfortunately, those kinds of people also have a ready-made answer: they are right, and thus by definition everybody else must be wrong.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Darn tootin' they're right! And if you don't get right with the Lord, you'll be in big trouble! Sin! That's what Hollywood produces! Sin! Sin! and more Sin!
Those Godless movies be teachin' our younguns to Sin! You should be getting down on your knees to good Christians like Sick Rantorum and Michelle Mockban that are trying to save your Godless hindquarters from His wrath! But instead you have driven the Godly from office, and His judgement shall be swift upon you! 4 Horsemen
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

Oh great, so we'll be seeing more terrible movies like "Fireproof" and "Last Ounce of Courage" with plenty of bad acting and constant hitting the audience over the head with religious and conservative messages. Oh well, let them have their fun making movies that will only be seen in theaters by church groups or will go straight to DVD (and bought by church groups).
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 25, 2013 at 4:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Santorum to produce boring movies for the most boring of people!

Amen, brother Rick! We don't want our children seeing any violence on the screne, unless it's the kind you read about in the Holey Babble.

And we don't want them seeing any sex on the screen either, unless it's one of the saucy parts of the Holey Babble.

And we don't want them seeing any scary horror movies, unless it's about the eternal torture of Hell or the terrors or Revelation.

I love the Brick Testament by the way. It puts the Holey Babble into pictures for Christians like me who don't want to do much reading and yet doesn't censor or sanitize the Word of Gawd so you get to see all the Holey Babble has to offer in all its bloody and terrifying glory!

Praise the Sweet Name of Jayzus!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
Why do I get the feeling you're all talking about some US private joke?...
Santorum?!
His google problem?!
Dan Savage who??