Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vectors for the zombie apocalypse
Vectors for the zombie apocalypse
Just a tongue in cheek post for a little speculation fun.

Ok, here goes, my list of potential ZA scenarios:

1. GM crops eventually being genetically damaged to the point where consuming them causes the victim to lose emotional affect and all front-brain activity while simultaneously creating high levels of anxiety.

This zombie would be compelled by base needs and would probably expend their energy in search of tasty food and sex.

2. A strain of the cordyceps mushroom starts to affect humans and causes them to climb to the highest spot they can find so the mushroom can burst forth from their eye sockets and spread spores far and wide.

This zombie would be unaffected by anything except the need to get to a high elevation. The movie would be fucking boring: "Oh, no there goes another wave of zombies to the rooftops" "Are they going to bite us?" "Nope, but don't let them sneeze on you and be sure to wear your filter mask."

3. Medical nanites become sentient and get tired of fighting with the control centers of the brain so they sever the connections in the brain.

This zombie would be a spitter and each drop of saliva would carry a bunch of nanites so they could grow their nanoweb. Maybe they would be empathetic, because they are medical nanites, and would store our consciousness in a data-cloud of some sort. Only if they were designed by google.

4. Rage virus Yeah, it's been done, but I think it might be possible that rabies might mutate (Maybe due to accidental manipulation by Monsanto?) because of... um... reasons.

This zombie has been seen in almost every movie about zombies.

5. ? What do you think?

P.S. I've never seen it done, but I think that zombies should want sex as much, or more than they want food. Why haven't there been rape zombies? Is it just too racy for our culture? Well, I've seen both "Human Centipede" movies and the whole "Saw" series and I don't think there is much outside our cultures limits.
RE: Vectors for the zombie apocalypse
(June 25, 2013 at 9:53 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: P.S. I've never seen it done, but I think that zombies should want sex as much, or more than they want food. Why haven't there been rape zombies? Is it just too racy for our culture? Well, I've seen both "Human Centipede" movies and the whole "Saw" series and I don't think there is much outside our cultures limits.
Then you'll want to see Chillerama. It's several movies in one, but the main storyline involves sex-crazed zombies humping body parts and so on.
Chillerama? I think I've seen that on Netflix. I'll have to check it out.
I had a dream once where the Zombie virus destroyed every part of the human brain except the base zombie ability to walk around and bite people and the pleasure cortex. Thus Zombies were in extreme bliss for all eternity and only wanted to bite people to spread that bliss. Zombies are the good guys!
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Lol, I like it. Getting bit would be like some horrible sensation of your brain being taken from you, then at some point in the process you would just start feeling really good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  miami zombie jackman 70 18115 June 5, 2012 at 6:37 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb