Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Hates Medical Marijuana And He Doesn't Care What The States Think
Obama Hates Medical Marijuana And He Doesn't Care What The States Think
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25...79283.html
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: Obama Hates Medical Marijuana And He Doesn't Care What The States Think
I think we need to drop the whole "medical marijuana" charade where marijuana is being touted as the cure for anything, and if you go to certain doctors you can get a prescription for it just by asking for it. I believe it has some benefits for some people but the medical marijuana proponents tout it as a miracle drug. People might take it a little more seriously as a prescription drug if the name of the medicine didn't sound like a Jimi Hendrix album. Most "medical marijuana" use is just skirting the law to be able to use it legally. It's fake, and I hate fakeness.

I say they should just legalize it nationwide for any use, including recreational, (18 and older of course) and then study it to see what medical benefits it has.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Question: Some states are now legalizing pot, creating a conflict between state and federal governments, since pot is outlawed by federal law.

How does the 10th amendment apply here? Is this federal over-reach, extending their authority into an area that should be regulated by each state? Will this end up before the Supreme Court?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
It probably will, unless it is federally recognized as legal nationally and illegal locally. Like a dry county.
A great deal of what the president is mentioning right now, regarding climate change and marijuana, is merely to detract from the Snowden fiasco.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The war on drugs is a huge waste of money and a colossal failure.

The fact that we are in debt up to our ears but still waste federal resources on stupid shit like putting pot dealers in jail just boggles my mind.
Woo states rights! I mean, erm...

Popcorn
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(June 26, 2013 at 12:51 pm)Faith No More Wrote: The war on drugs is a huge waste of money and a colossal failure.

The fact that we are in debt up to our ears but still waste federal resources on stupid shit like putting pot dealers in jail just boggles my mind.

How would the prison industry thrive if it wasn't for marijuana?
If you legalize drug use in America, you save the lives of tens of thousands each year.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
I'm reminded of a comedian's take on people opposed to legalization: "We can't legalize marijuana, because if we do that, then people will want to smoke it!"
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1199 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 3805 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1086 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why NATO doesn't give to Ukraine plan of membership? Interaktive 39 1461 April 24, 2022 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3321 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3028 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 1931 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1443 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1473 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 538 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am