Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadowwolf, how did you test your religion?
Shadowwolf, how did you test your religion?
This is what you wanted. So here is why I don't believe in a god:

I was born into a family who was not religious. I have never been religious. I went to a christian school but not for a second believed what they said about God. This was because God contradicts everything we know about the world and reality.

Now please explain how you tested your beliefs
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
RE: Shadowwolf, how did you test your religion?
I have never been religious and have always considered the idea of a god to be silly.
Nothing I have seen has come close to changing my mind.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well I can tell you how he didn't test it:

In a double blind trial which was published in a journal, reviewed and then re-tested by his qualified peers. That would only have happened for a scientific theory.
inb4 You don't test faith, faith tests you.
Censored
Ahem, calling out other members is a big no-no RationalMan Dodgy
This is what he asked me to do

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Its against the rules nonetheless. No biggie, just a heads up.

He probably wont return anyway.
Dw I won't do it again

Eat a Snickers, man.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6205 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Wash your hands or do not wash your hands when you eat Ferrocyanide 48 3102 October 19, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did my mom tell me that feelings are enough to have religion? Der/die AtheistIn 11 1345 April 2, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1180 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2752 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  What religion and religious leaders did to us..... Mystic 5 1169 November 20, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I guess you never thought about it, did you? Little Rik 68 16310 September 24, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4457 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10722 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4906 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger