Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm welcome
Warm welcome
Hello friends, I do not believe in God or Government.

I follow a very simple way of thinking:

Is there reason or evidence for the suggested? If no: not true.
RE: Warm welcome
Elaborate on your resistance to government.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 29, 2013 at 7:57 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: Elaborate on your resistance to government.

Well it's not really to do with me, it's just that 'government' does not exist- it's just a violent monopoly that calls itself by the wrong name.
(June 29, 2013 at 8:26 pm)Koolay Wrote:
(June 29, 2013 at 7:57 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: Elaborate on your resistance to government.

Well it's not really to do with me, it's just that 'government' does not exist- it's just a violent monopoly that calls itself by the wrong name.

Bullshit, you like anarchy. Which is no better than a fascist state.

We socialize, and we do as a species, we set up order, be it consensual or forced. Violence is not an ideology, it is a means to set up a social order. But an order will happen, and that order is what we call "government".

So what the real question is "What can we set up that values the individual and keep order and avoid monopolies of power"
(June 29, 2013 at 9:36 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 29, 2013 at 8:26 pm)Koolay Wrote: Well it's not really to do with me, it's just that 'government' does not exist- it's just a violent monopoly that calls itself by the wrong name.

Bullshit, you like anarchy. Which is no better than a fascist state.

Well, you're telling me what I am thinking- which isn't a good start to a conversation.

Do you have any evidence supporting that claim?

(June 29, 2013 at 9:36 pm)Brian37 Wrote: We socialize, and we do as a species, we set up order, be it consensual or forced. Violence is not an ideology, it is a means to set up a social order. But an order will happen, and that order is what we call "government".

How is people initiating violence upon others that are non violent 'order'? Isn't that a lack of order?

And if your final solution to disagreeing with me is initiating violence, then I won't pretend this is a rational conversation.
Guys (not the new guy), chill the fuck out. You will have plenty of time to allow him to elaborate on what he means after he steps through the door. This is the Introduction section. Do you remember the rules about this section of the forums?

Welcome Koolay! Good to see you. Don't worry about Brian37. He's still ticked that I peed in his Cheerios this morning.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Hello and welcome. Have a cookieCookie ingore the drama. I think that everyone seems to put much crazy powder in their protein shakes lately.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome aboard. The only comment I'll pass on the government thing is a mild caution not to confuse the mechanics of administrative governance with sycophantic and nepotistic bureaucracy. As a former UK Civil Servant working (bloody hard) under the Blair incumbency, I guarantee you that there would be pandemonium the very moment I and my colleagues closed shop and our customers stopped getting their money.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warm Greetings Janice_Spokes 20 3319 May 23, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  welcome JBrentonK! JBrentonK 40 4286 October 14, 2015 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Welcome Assholes. fattychan 19 2830 May 27, 2015 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Big Grin A Warm Welcome to All of You learncritic 19 3641 May 27, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Wink Welcome to My World FrederickSebastian 5 1018 April 4, 2015 at 5:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Welcome RonaldReagansGhost666 13 1461 December 23, 2014 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Welcome! Richzx6r 6 1087 December 23, 2014 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  WELCOME MY FELLOW CARDERS m3th0d 5 1515 April 13, 2014 at 7:58 pm
  Welcome everyone! Eio 20 4571 August 6, 2013 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Welcome Dogtrainer19! puglover 0 1276 January 2, 2009 at 5:28 am