Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monumental atheism in Florida
Monumental atheism in Florida
http://news.yahoo.com/atheists-unveil-fl...01537.html

Place your bets. How long before the this atheist monument is defaced?
- C. Neron
RE: Monumental atheism in Florida
(June 30, 2013 at 3:05 am)cneron Wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/atheists-unveil-fl...01537.html

I think the best way to deal with ten commandments monuments in courthouses is to install an monument to magna carta which actually form part of the core of the legal system in the English speaking world.
undefined
[Image: 11474_345710858889489_1802161199_n.jpg]

[Image: 8464_10200224274796500_253513410_n.jpg]

I like it. Thumb up
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I will visiting it when I head back to Florida.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I got an email about this from the AHA earlier. An anonymous donor also gave money to AmerAthe for 50 more of them to be installed in other sites across the US where religious iconography is displayed in government institutions, which means someone donated $300,000 to help return the bird that the religious jagoffs in this country have been giving us for decades now.

I like the monument itself, too. It's tastefully simple, and functional to boot.
A lot more tasteful than a 180 ft high million dollar cross.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Defacing monuments???? Are you sure that some christians would be so low of character that they woud do that????

Maybe some cultural differences play a role here. Sine most memorials here are built in remembrence for victims of fascism and people who deface monuments like theses usualy are scum.
(June 30, 2013 at 3:05 am)cneron Wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/atheists-unveil-fl...01537.html

I'm a native Floridian. Little hick towns like Starke are populated about 99.9% with bible-thumping morons. The monument will be spray painted with crosses within a day or two, and will be smashed with sledge hammers within a week.
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey
Quote:Defacing monuments???? Are you sure that some christians would be so low of character that they woud do that????

Without a doubt. Most, I would say.
(June 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Without a doubt. Most, I would say.

Their hate, after all, is supported by the god in which they believe. It is okay for them to hate and persecute others in the name of their god, but they will play the persecution card even if one mentions separation of church and state.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter