Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge rules against bigoted parents
Judge rules against bigoted parents
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...0698.story

Quote:A San Diego Superior Court judge Monday rejected a claim by parents in the Encinitas elementary school system that teaching yoga in the schools is an improper attempt at religious indoctrination.

The ruling by Judge John Meyer, who heard the case without a jury, means that the Encinitas Union School District can continue to teach yoga as part of its health and exercise curriculum.

The lawyer for the two parents can stop with the BS.

Quote:"This case is simply about whether public schools may ... use the state’s coercive powers to promote a particular religious orthodoxy or religious agenda to young and impressionable school children."

I don't care what the religious beliefs of that family are....they can kindly fuck off.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
RE: Judge rules against bigoted parents
Yoga. All over yoga.

Wtf parents.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
If the teacher ever breathed mention of the "spiritual" end of yoga, it's a legitimate case. Make em push it up, do the crunches, and run a 2mile.....honestly yoga? Sigh, ...........

Now, not that hinting at something or promoting it discreetly or indirectly would be a very solid case...but.....

There's a yoga-like- practice involving wicca and the stations, a "stretching exersize" if you will. Howsabout I spent a state grant and my time as a public teacher instructing yall's kids on that?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 1, 2013 at 8:00 pm)Rhythm Wrote: If the teacher ever breathed mention of the "spiritual" end of yoga, it's a legitimate case.

I'm not sure...I would not have known yoga was religious at all had some Christians in the South mentioned it as an insult to people doing yoga or maybe it was out of fear.

And from what I have noticed from Hinduism is that a lot of their rituals seem to be based in medicinal discoveries...aka they're natural yet they attribute them to the spiritual.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(July 1, 2013 at 8:04 pm)Polaris Wrote: I'm not sure...I would not have known yoga was religious at all had some Christians in the South mentioned it as an insult to people doing yoga or maybe it was out of fear.
Meh, maybe this or that person doesn't know, but so long as one person does and brings it up..it's a cut a dry breech, isn't it? I'm not going to let your fairy tales into my public schools and state grants..so why would I let someone else's?

Quote:And from what I have noticed from Hinduism is that a lot of their rituals seem to be based in medicinal discoveries...aka they're natural yet they attribute them to the spiritual.

Wonder of wonders, strange people create elaborate supernatural stories to explain a fairly mundane and natural experience......doesn't matter.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
As a High Priest of the Church of the Yogage, I must say that none of your kids are safe from us and our yogagy ways.
Cunt
I think yoga tastes like shit. And those stupid little fucking containers they put it in.

Keep it out of our schools.
That's yogurt.
[Image: emily_NeverMind.jpg]
I hate yogurt as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 3952 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 855 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Maybe Kavanaugh will be the next liberal SCOTUS judge?? Jehanne 10 1307 October 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 817 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ah....Ze Mexican Judge Steeks Eet Up Drumpf's Ass Again Minimalist 0 654 August 30, 2016 at 5:43 pm
  Judge Recommends Criminal Charges Against Sheriff Shitstain Minimalist 2 899 August 20, 2016 at 12:01 am
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1124 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1888 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Who rules the world? Dystopia 26 2972 January 3, 2016 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Why doesn't the United States follow it's own rules when it comes to the 1st amendmen GoHalos1993 18 5232 December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm