Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complications with theist companions
Complications with theist companions
Hello all, I'm Stan, nice to meet you all. This is my 1st post in the forum, and I may need some advice.

I'm a 30 years old male and I've been having a problem finding an appropiate companion of the opposite sex that i feel i can coexist concerning religious views. Me being atheist and 100% of the women I meet have somewhat strong beliefs and bonds to Christianity.

This bit occured to me sometime in the last 3-4 years, when i realised that this gap of cosmic views may hinder my relationship in the future. Being in the age of 30 and somewhat in need to take things more serious, I'd like to ask from advice from people that may have had a same experience in their life, how will this play out in the future?

Thank you in advance.
RE: Complications with theist companions
Hi, and welcome!

Maybe find a local skeptic or atheist meetup?
Fish in a different pond.

If you live in Mississippi or some dumbfuck place like it that may be difficult but we have enough bible-belters around here to show that rational thought exists even in those dens of bleakness.
(July 1, 2013 at 9:02 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Hi, and welcome!

Maybe find a local skeptic or atheist meetup?

This. I'm close to 30 and this is how I met my current boyfriend.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Thank you for your replies.

And Minimalist yes, i live in a dumbfuck place but its called Greece.

I'm sorry to say but finding a sceptic/atheist meetup is like waiting for a "miracle".
I can't imagine that they're THAT sparse on the ground that the internet doesn't supply something of that nature - even if it's just a forum.
Here.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightath...in-greece/

You might try clicking on the link for the Atheist Union of Greece. Their web site doesn't do me too much good as I was only there for a couple of days but I'm sure you can manage it.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
My wife does the born again thing, it doesn't seem to negatively impact our relationship (or impact it at all - she may disagree...I have no idea). Maybe you're giving the very notion of a god too much credit..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 1, 2013 at 10:23 pm)Rhythm Wrote: it doesn't seem to negatively impact our relationship

Never underestimate the mitigating effects of a good boning.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 436 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 1942 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 1932 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11814 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 146127 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 12566 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1096 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Hug a Theist vulcanlogician 31 5514 December 23, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Sad I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing? Mariosep 1101 112765 December 12, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔ The Joker 348 44530 November 26, 2016 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Amarok