Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:10 am

Poll: Do ya wanna go?
This poll is closed.
Yes!
14.29%
1 14.29%
Nah.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Maybe.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Ask me again closer to the event.
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LG-Con at Cedar Point!
LG-Con at Cedar Point!
So...I have this idea. For a social meet-up. At Cedar Point. Basically, this time next year, I am gonna be hosting LG-Con! For three days [or four, depending], me, Ileah [my room-mate, the non-schizo one], and somewhere between 13-18 other people [possibly more!] will be going to Cedar Point and staying at the Hotel Breakers to hang out, have fun, meet people, and enjoy what is, in my opinion [and the opinion of millions of others] the best amusement park in the country, if not the world. Best part is? I intend to pay for up to 50%, minimum 25%, of all expenses for everyone attending. Hotel room, tickets for entry, food and drink...and even travel, if travel expenses are going to be a financial concern for the 13-18 people interested in going who otherwise would have no problems attending. However, this is NOT a limit on who can come! This is just a limit on who I'll be able to provide financial coverage for; if you want to attend even if I can't cover you, by all means, feel free to come along, I will not say no! I will try to cover as many people as I can. Take in mind, I PROBABLY won't be able to cover souvenirs. *lol* This is a thing that is a year out, but the planning stages are now in effect, and if you are interested, let me know! THe more people who show interest in this, the better! I intend to save up for the next year just for this event, and I am thinking it will well be worth it. Think of it as a vacation where everything's half-off [including traveling] and everyone has someone in common so everyone has a high likelihood of sharing at least some interests. This way, if certain people don't want to ride certain rides, they can go off in a group to another ride while the other group rides the other, so everyone has someone to hang out with! Again, if you're interested, let me know!

Photo of Cedar Point
RE: LG-Con at Cedar Point!
Depends on my husband's work schedule (his office runs on a quarterly cycle, so certain times are better for him to take off than others). Depends on how many rides the boys can go on. They're growing, but I don't want to put up money to go somewhere if they can't go on a good number of rides. Also depends on our family vacation plans. We are talking about doing a West coast trip next year to visit Hubby's family and some friends in Cali. But if this is an extended weekend type trip, we might be able to.
It sounds like this would be fun! What dates are you looking at?
P.S. What does LG stand for??
I would love to go, Creed, but I just don't see it as viable with everything I've got going in the next year. Count me in as unlikely.
What exactly is an LG-con? It isn't a local government convention, is it? Tongue
Cunt
LG - Life's Good Wink
(July 2, 2013 at 8:37 am)pocaracas Wrote: LG - Life's Good Wink

As in the electronics manufacturer?

If it was Lazy Git, then I would go.
Cunt
Great idea but about 30 years too late. Have fun.
If I go to the US, I have 2 or 3 people I really need to meet, so it depends on the state in which you live and how expensive it would be for me to get there.
Hmm. What dates are we talking here? And where is Cedar Point?
Where's my goddamn downvote butto-ooh! There's a poll Big Grin

I don't know what the hell this is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOEOX_Rxm8E
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whats the point in ironing cloths? Cepheus Ace 22 1285 April 2, 2019 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No point in eternal agony purplepurpose 141 15530 February 13, 2018 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  At What Point Does Activism Become Assholism? Shell B 39 4839 April 22, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  At some point "yes" needs to be regulated. Foxaèr 64 5628 March 30, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  At what point do you wash you ass? brewer 146 24647 December 11, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Comic Con London Darwinian 3 1129 September 4, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  Everyone who posts on this thread will receive a +1 reputation point. Phatt Matt s 10 2854 April 28, 2014 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Comic Con! (Image Heavy) StuW 6 3890 April 27, 2014 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  3 Days until Dragon*con Eilonnwy 7 2732 September 5, 2010 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  What's the bloody point of it all? mem 31 8195 July 28, 2010 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused