Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim Brotherhood: Egypt "coup" may require martyrdom
Muslim Brotherhood: Egypt "coup" may require martyrdom
Once again Islamist extremists are using their position as religious authorities to influence politics as a spokesmen for the Muslim Brotherhood, Mohamed al-Beltagi, has stated that the supporters of Morsi may have to sacrifice themselves to prevent a coup.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/mus...themselves

Quote:“Say goodbye to your mother, father, and wife, because you will sacrifice your soul to defend Mohamed Morsy’s legitimacy,” he said.

I, for one, am tired of the religious attitude that our lives are expendable commodities because of promises of a glorious afterlife.
RE: Muslim Brotherhood: Egypt "coup" may require martyrdom
Really? I like Martyrs. There are a whole lot of famous theists that I wish had martyred themselves ages ago.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Unfortunately, we are all stuck with Kirk Cameron for now.

It's not just the martyrdom issue, though. I'm talking about the whole attitude, like Christians defending god slaughtering children because they get to go to heaven. Regardless of whether an afterlife exists or not, that shouldn't devalue the existence we know we have here.
Quote:Mohamed al-Beltagi, member of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party, addressed President Mohamed Morsy’s supporters on Tuesday, calling on them to sacrifice themselves in defense of President Morsy’s legitimacy in the face of millions of demonstrators who demand an end to his rule.

How come that fucker doesn't go first? These holy horseshitters are big on telling other people to become martyrs.
Silver linings yall. Just how many people might be willing to become martrys all at once..I imagine? Enough that leave the remainder no political capital perhaps? Meh, a guy can dream.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It was a catastrophic year for egypt.

The economy practicaly collapsed, the countries goverment is unpopular due to several of it`s actions and there is a complete lack of social stability.

The leadership of the muslim brotherhood is aware of that, as such I interpret these recent action as a despereate attempt to kling to power by appealing to religious authority over actualy bringing results.
All totally predictable, TGAC. Mubarak was not the problem. The problem is that Egypt cannot sustain itself economically in the long term.
Interesting take on the subject.

http://holesinthefoam.us/2013/07/egypts-...urce=pubv1

Quote:The uprisings and revolutions of the Middle East and North Africa were never in support of Islamism though it was labelled as such – both by the pro-Islamist Left and Guardian types so they could carry on justifying their love affair with Islamism on the one hand and the far-Right like Robert Spencer, Pamela Geller and the EDL who consider all “Muslims” to be Islamists in sheep’s clothing on the other.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theresa May resigning as PM Rev. Rye 17 1874 May 26, 2019 at 4:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Theresa May seen off the coast of Blackpool Cod 0 325 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  [Serious] It's not the wall; it's a coup. WinterHold 26 1937 February 20, 2019 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3698 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Is the US ripe for a coup? Jehanne 85 13833 October 21, 2017 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I may get a lot of heat for this, but here it goes NuclearEnergy 31 8628 September 8, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 9073 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Stay Out Of The Water Chris-Someone May Throw A Harpoon At You Minimalist 14 3649 July 3, 2017 at 4:02 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Muslim brothers. You have created our new Caliphate. Who is your new Caliph? Greatest I am 18 1755 November 20, 2016 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Coup d'État in Turkey under way? Alex K 113 6819 July 21, 2016 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut