Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idolatric Saints
Idolatric Saints
Quote:John Paul II Cleared For Sainthood By Pope Francis

Pope Francis on Friday cleared two of the 20th century's most influential popes to become saints, approving a miracle needed to canonize Pope John Paul II and waiving Vatican rules to honor Pope John XXIII.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/05...lp00000009
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Idolatric Saints
Gah. Why?
The beauty of it is the doctor who treated the woman only gave her a 2% of dying of the aneurism from internal bleeding within the year.

Let me see, do some math, take the inverse...ummm Bingo! She had a 98% survival rate! Banging Head On Desk
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Oh for fuck's sake, it's just rich, powerful fuckwads pampering each other's assholes with praise, woopdiefuckingdoo, let's talk about it on the news!

Stupid Catholic Church. Dodgy
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
(July 6, 2013 at 7:31 pm)Tartarus Sauce Wrote: Oh for fuck's sake, it's just rich, powerful fuckwads pampering each other's assholes with praise, woopdiefuckingdoo, let's talk about it on the news!

Stupid Catholic Church. Dodgy

TS, the only assholes the Catholic Church pampers is that of it's altar boys. The rest of the time they're figuring out how to separate you from your money.

Woopdiefuckingdoo huh? Thinking

Good one
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
I'm pRetty sure Ronedee's asshole is gonna pucker tighter at the existence of this thread, the poor dear. Good. Anyone care to school a fool on Catholicism and Paganism?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(July 6, 2013 at 11:29 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Anyone care to school a fool on Catholicism and Paganism?

I probably could, if I was in the mood. One thing most Christians, especially those of the Catholic sect, fail to realize is that their religion was built from paganism. It had to be, for at the time it made conversion easier.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Well I had a Catholic History teacher. She filled us all in on how the 'unholy' Saints were removed from the Saintery. Apparently that's how the Catholic church compromised with the newly defeated acquisitions. They just made the local god a saint and indoctrinated the people into their church so they could still pray to their gods. Win win for all involved! (not really)

Yeh I'm too tired atm to pull stuff up. And unmotivated.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Maybe the RCC (Roman Catholic Church) will cannonize some of these fucks next. Why not? They can claim that it was a miracle that they were caught and yet the church was still able to shield the funds from the victim's families. Praise be to God.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/...iests?lite