Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The gay country song taking America by storm
The gay country song taking America by storm
Quote:He's a musician without a record label, a card holder without any remaining credit. And the gig that supplies what he calls "food money" may now be in jeopardy.

But after events of the last week, Steve Grand said "I would die a happy man today," and not for the reasons he's suddenly getting attention.

Grand's first music video, for his country-tinged rock ballad "All-American Boy," was posted on YouTube last Tuesday. By last night, it had exploded, attracting more than 400,000 total views — nothing for top-charting videos from big-name recording artists, but an impressive figure for one from a complete unknown whose only promotion has been internet buzz.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08...60867.html

http://youtu.be/pjiyjYCwNyY
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The gay country song taking America by storm
Not bad at all. It's more standard issue pop than country, and it sure as hell ain't rock, but this guy is pretty damn good. Ever listen to Romanovsky and Philips? Or is that just a Yank thing? They're a lot of fun.
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

loved it!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxmws0o3_-AOA35DAH-g2...lnT7zM-gWg]

Big Grin

Pretty generic music, but that's alright. Not too shabby really Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

It is so insanely average that it hurts. It also isn't really country at all. I'd probably like it more if it was.
Cunt
That's what passes for country music here these days.

Shitty music, but I like this guy's courage.
As conservative as most country music fans are, I'm doubting he'll get much coverage there.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
that song was so fucking gay

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

It sounds like something you would hear in a sitcom montage.

On the CW.
I don't like the music (I wouldn't like it if was about a girl and boy), but kudos for the guy's courage.

At least it will put those sexual insecure conservatives shitting bricks for Jeeeeeezuz Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Use This Song (Jon Lajoie) WinterHold 1 352 December 1, 2020 at 11:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  The death of America’s middle class: Sky-high rent, second jobs, and 1% TV Aegon 1 303 September 9, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The best song in the history of mankind WinterHold 25 1602 August 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  So finally tried making a classical piano song. . . bennyboy 27 2783 July 29, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  School Shooting Range (Original Song) Mechaghostman2 4 919 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fire Storm (Original Song) Mechaghostman2 0 322 February 15, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Favorite '80s Song(s)? ƵenKlassen 4 1059 December 5, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: KittyAnn
  What song would describe your life? ƵenKlassen 30 6876 November 24, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What is your favorite Queen song? ƵenKlassen 19 2210 November 14, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  What is the first song or piece of music you can remember hearing on the radio (or)? Whateverist 78 10846 October 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: abaris