Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Ohio
Hello from Ohio
Bonjour, 21 year old Atheist here. Began the de-conversion process as a child of 8 years old, after the death of my father. I learned at an early age to question everything, no matter how popular it is. I come from a family of militant christian bigots who believe that I'm going rot in hell for being a "heretic" and a homosexual (although to be correct, I'm actually bisexual)
Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself, looking forward to deep, intellectual conversations on this forum Smile
He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave. -William Drummond Bong
RE: Hello from Ohio
Hello and welcome to the forum! I just joined a couple of days ago. I know just what you mean. I grew up in a neighborhood full of religious bigots, too. I look forward to reading your posts, and please have a great day.

Cool Shades Smile
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome.
welcome!
(July 9, 2013 at 9:20 pm)cl0udburn Wrote: Bonjour, 21 year old Atheist here. Began the de-conversion process as a child of 8 years old, after the death of my father. I learned at an early age to question everything, no matter how popular it is. I come from a family of militant christian bigots who believe that I'm going rot in hell for being a "heretic" and a homosexual (although to be correct, I'm actually bisexual)
Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself, looking forward to deep, intellectual conversations on this forum Smile

You live in Ohio...you already live in hell. Big Grin

I lived there for four winters, I knoweth of which I speaketh of.

Welcome
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Yo hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will like it here. I can empathize with having religious nuts for relatives as I have the same problem. They won't even speak to me because of my being an atheist. Yeah, it hurts. I find this a good place to hang out and learn stuff. Hope that you will as well. Welcome
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

Hi! I think I was conceived in Ohio! haha

I'm atheist, too. I'm Bisexual, too. My family is full of bigots, too. There. You're right at home here Smile

Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(July 9, 2013 at 11:54 pm)Full Circle Wrote:
(July 9, 2013 at 9:20 pm)cl0udburn Wrote: Bonjour, 21 year old Atheist here. Began the de-conversion process as a child of 8 years old, after the death of my father. I learned at an early age to question everything, no matter how popular it is. I come from a family of militant christian bigots who believe that I'm going rot in hell for being a "heretic" and a homosexual (although to be correct, I'm actually bisexual)

You live in Ohio...you already live in hell. Big Grin

I lived there for four winters, I knoweth of which I speaketh of.

Welcome

I lived in Wisconsin for 3 years prior to Ohio...it could be worse.

(July 10, 2013 at 3:41 am)Ivy Wrote: Hi! I think I was conceived in Ohio! haha

I'm atheist, too. I'm Bisexual, too. My family is full of bigots, too. There. You're right at home here Smile

Welcome Big Grin

Hahaha, thank you! I travel around alot, I never know where I'm going to end up.
He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave. -William Drummond Bong

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink What's up from OHIO! Delysid 22 3109 March 1, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Cato
  Newbie from Ohio Wonderland 15 2738 May 1, 2013 at 9:35 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Greetings from Ohio Kyle 21 3592 May 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: A Dead Relative
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5962 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3632 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates