Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 2:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From An Atheist, To Theists
From An Atheist, To Theists
I have heard theists say, "prove that God does not exist". I have come up with a rebuttal which is a simile to what the theists demanded.

Demanding that answer is like claiming that You can live forever. We understand that people die. You are currently alive. We will not learn if You will live forever until You die. We will NEVER be able to learn if You live forever if You never die. Making this claim or asking that question is a mute point because there will NOT be an answer unless You CAN be proven wrong.

It is like deflecting arguments with a paradox.
RE: From An Atheist, To Theists
I find stating the obvious is much simpler. Of course, since it relates to logic, theists ignore it as they do anything that threatens their beliefs.

It makes zero sense to make an attempt to prove that something does not exist, especially when there is absolutely no verifiable evidence to support its existence in the first place.

Usually, they throw the prove god does not exist tantrum because they realize they have lost the argument and they have nothing else at their disposal.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It's not actually impossible to 'prove a negative'. With respect to God (that is, Yahweh), it could be done by showing some incoherence in the concept.
[Image: imageslogic.jpg]
Is red blue? True or false? One condition: false is not an option.
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die, and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why I'm an atheist, a point of confusion for many theists Asmodee 28 5522 December 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Are Deists more like theists or Atheist? Twisted 37 9288 May 28, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: comet
  Why do never-theists come to atheist forums? watchamadoodle 26 6683 January 8, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  Angry Atheist is Angry [at Facebook theists] Diamond 14 3866 October 26, 2011 at 11:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger