Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone!
Hi everyone!
Hi everybody,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I have pretty much been atheist all my life though I was forced to go to Catholic church and school (from 6th grade through high school). I was fairly young when I realized I didn't believe, I had been told that I believe, cause that's what people do.

Look forward to meeting some new people and seeing some familiar names.

Glad to be here. Cool Shades
RE: Hi everyone!
Hey anjele! Good to see you here!
But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret is as though it had an underlying truth.

Umberto Eco
You too, EH...it is time for a change. Good to see you!
(July 10, 2013 at 7:14 pm)anjele Wrote: Hi everybody,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I have pretty much been atheist all my life though I was forced to go to Catholic church and school (from 6th grade through high school). I was fairly young when I realized I didn't believe, I had been told that I believe, cause that's what people do.

Look forward to meeting some new people and seeing some familiar names.

Glad to be here. Cool Shades

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the forum, it's one of the best around. Smile
Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
WelcomeSmile I like your name. I have an affinity for angels of all kinds
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Change is gonna do you good - Elton John

I came here just for the emoticons Confusedhock:Dead HorseCheers!Angry MobShitfanWalk the plank!
"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Welcome to the forum, anjele.
I'm happy to see you came over here too. And FC is right....don't cha just love the smilies Shock