Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs I Wish Robots Would Take
Jobs I Wish Robots Would Take
I mostly wish robots would take all the jobs where people are rude and unpleasant, like everything at the DMV and the cashier positions at fast food restaurants. I mean, if we can create a machine that allows a car to drive itself, why can't we create a machine that evaluates whether or not a car is being driven well? And cashier jobs could be done using vocal recognition easily. And then maybe I would actually get what I ordered at McDonald's for once.

What I'm saying is humans suck, and I'm looking forward to the singularity.
RE: Jobs I Wish Robots Would Take
Well, they already have self-checkout lines at the supermarket, so self-order lines at McDonald's couldn't be too far away.

But if they did that, then where would all the home schooled kids work?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Excuse me, I was homeschooled, and I'm getting a college education, I'm not going to be stuck in a dead-end job like that.
Sorry, just have to poke fun at the Christian home schooled kids.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: And then maybe I would actually get what I ordered at McDonald's for once.

This problem usually only occurs when you ask for something not the norm. Like extra pickles, or lay off the onions, or whatever.

You gotta remember we're dealing with the least motivated, most unexperienced, lowest level of giving a fuck employees. I never ask for anything special like that at a fast food joint.

My wife tries this all the time and it causes her great anger and frustration in life.

I'm just happy if they don't spit on my food.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(July 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: But if they did that, then where would all the home schooled kids work?

You mean, where would all the philosophy majors work? Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: I mostly wish robots would take all the jobs where people are rude and unpleasant, like everything at the DMV and the cashier positions at fast food restaurants. I mean, if we can create a machine that allows a car to drive itself, why can't we create a machine that evaluates whether or not a car is being driven well? And cashier jobs could be done using vocal recognition easily. And then maybe I would actually get what I ordered at McDonald's for once.

What I'm saying is humans suck, and I'm looking forward to the singularity.

None of the philosophy majors are going to be able to find work when they graduate if you give all the fast food jobs to robots.

Damn! Kay beat me to it...
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(July 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: I mostly wish robots would take all the jobs where people are rude and unpleasant, like everything at the DMV and the cashier positions at fast food restaurants.

As someone who spent most of his life in retail, I can very much guarantee that the employees are only rude when the customers display their holier than thou I'm always right complex. A very real fact of retail that employers fail to understand is that the customer is not always right. Catering to the rudeness of customers is a problem that needs to be fixed, because being rude to the employee behind the counter is not acceptable. Thinking one can be rude and get away with it without consequences is even less acceptable. The employees are not the ones who should get in trouble for putting rude customers in their place.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 11, 2013 at 4:59 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(July 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: I mostly wish robots would take all the jobs where people are rude and unpleasant, like everything at the DMV and the cashier positions at fast food restaurants.

As someone who spent most of his life in retail, I can very much guarantee that the employees are only rude when the customers display their holier than thou I'm always right complex. A very real fact of retail that employers fail to understand is that the customer is not always right. Catering to the rudeness of customers is a problem that needs to be fixed, because being rude to the employee behind the counter is not acceptable. Thinking one can be rude and get away with it without consequences is even less acceptable. The employees are not the ones who should get in trouble for putting rude customers in their place.
Oh, don't even get me started on retail. The last time I went shopping, the lady that checked us out was distant and distracted, watching black customers like a hawk, assuming that they would shoplift. And she was black herself.
(July 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: What I'm saying is humans suck, and I'm looking forward to the singularity.

How was your childhood?
The only freedom, is freedom from illusion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Take a guess onlinebiker 17 1197 November 25, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 480 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How do you take your coffee? vulcanlogician 37 2310 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How do you take your tea? BrokenQuill92 29 1195 November 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  How to not take critical feedback personally? copiedusername 9 1014 December 20, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Holiday Wish-Lists Athene 0 449 November 11, 2019 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Athene
  Pizzagate(the documentary you wish you'd never seen) particleman 14 1450 July 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1042 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  Cats Will Not Take This Lying Down Minimalist 81 9193 September 1, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  College, degrees, and jobs, oh my! Foxaèr 51 4707 May 30, 2018 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist