Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there!
Hi there!
Hello Atheist Forums!
I am oukoida, a former high school student from Italy (licensed monday with 100/100 on my final exams, yay!).

I have been a weak atheist for something like a year after being raised as a Catholic and being pretty much a lot of things in between.

Though at school I have studied a lot of philosophy along with Latin and Ancient Greek and, of course, Italian literature, I have also studied scientific subjects. In fact, one of my main interests is the relationship between the "two cultures" and I am looking forward to studying biology next year at the university. I also enjoy writing and reading poetry.

I am a huge fan of gaming, my favorite series being The Legend of Zelda, Mother/Earthbound and Half-Life/Portal.

I have come to the forum because I think that the time has come for me to openly speak my mind about such issues with other people and not just myself and to listen to other people who may think the way I do.

Have a nice day everybody!
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
RE: Hi there!
Welcome to the forum.

The virgin sacrifice is at 8pm EST, so be there promptly. And bring a dish, preferably something made of babies.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Ciao and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome! Great to have you here Smile
[Image: tumblr_lj4zucCgd91qcb1v0.jpg]
I speak portItaÑol.
Bienvennuto Tongue
(July 17, 2013 at 3:16 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

The virgin sacrifice is at 8pm EST, so be there promptly. And bring a dish, preferably something made of babies.

"To what green altar, o mysterious priest?"
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey there, hi there, ho there NaughtyButNice 19 3074 February 14, 2016 at 4:56 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1823 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused