Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Goes Blue
Texas Goes Blue
Quote:If Texas State Sen. Wendy Davis (D) runs for governor in 2014 and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro (D) runs for United States senator in 2014 and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton runs for president in 2016, you read it here first: Texas goes blue in either 2014 or 2016.
Texas Republicans are not very shrewd if they think the smart move is to continue their war against women by forcing the closure of health clinics that serve women and brazenly attacking voting rights for Hispanic Texans while their GOP friends in Washington declare blood feuds against fair immigration.

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/wendy-dav...22994.html

Quote:Texas is going to get very, very interesting. And Blue.

Battleground Texas is laying the foundation for the coming Texas Democratic majority. Given the demographics, it's only a matter of time. And it's making Texas conservatives so crazy they're starting to make unforced errors.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/04...nteresting

Quote:Republicans’ Nightmare Scenario Becoming Reality: “Red” Texas Is Going Blue

http://occupydemocrats.com/republicans-n...oing-blue/

Quote:For Their Next Trick, Democrats Will Turn Texas into a Blue State

In fact, the blue-shift has already begun in Texas. Of the states' ten largest cities, only Fort Worth has a Republican mayor.

http://gawker.com/5979051/for-their-next...blue-state
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
RE: Texas Goes Blue
GO GET 'EM, Rahul!

Quote:Battleground Texas is laying the foundation for the coming Texas Democratic majority. Given the demographics, it's only a matter of time. And it's making Texas conservatives so crazy they're starting to make unforced errors:

Quote: Take Texas GOP chairman Steve Munisteri‘s efforts to drum up support for “Battlefield Dallas,” an attempt by Dallas Republicans to counter the Battleground Texas push. Munisteri flew up to Dallas for an event and said all the right things during his speech.

It was billed of “the first public meeting of Battlefield Dallas.”

But a Tea Party Republican made the headlines when he had this to say about GOP voter outreach efforts.

“I’m going to be real honest with you, the Republican Party doesn’t want black people to vote if they’re going to vote 9-to-1 for Democrats,” Ken Emanuelson said.

Naaaw... I thought all that ruckus the Republicans were making about Voter ID was just to make sure elections are fair...
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Guess that is just a phenomenon surrounding the urban ereas.
It is the same thing everywhere, cities are more liberal that the countryside.

But with the increasing population of cities I guess blue Texas is possible.
You are fooling yourself if you think that Texas is going blue. The republicans are passing laws left and right to make sure that voting rights are obstructed for any group that tends to vote democrat.

Plus the state has been so gerrymandered that the minority can easily control the state regardless of what the majority stands for politically.

And finally, the hispanic portion of the state still does not vote in large numbers making sure that their voices aren't heard.
Quote:Texas Republicans are not very shrewd if they think the smart move is to continue their war against women by forcing the closure of health clinics that serve women and brazenly attacking voting rights for Hispanic Texans while their GOP friends in Washington declare blood feuds against fair immigration.

And you are naive if you think that good little Christian housewives won't vote against their own interests if that's what they think god and their husband want them to do.

I'm rooting for you, Rahul, but as of now, I must remain skeptical.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:And you are naive if you think that good little Christian housewives won't vote against their own interests if that's what they think god and their husband want them to do.

They are a declining portion of the electorate. The demographics were picking up on the growing Hispanic population of Texas last election.
(July 18, 2013 at 3:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They are a declining portion of the electorate. The demographics were picking up on the growing Hispanic population of Texas last election.

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but "Bring on the Mexicans!"

(j/k, I gots nothing against Mexicans.)
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
My Mexicans trim my trees and bushes. They are hard workers and reliable. The only people who come along leaving ads for landscaping services are also Mexicans. I've never had a gringo come to my door yet who wanted to trim the bougainvillea.

(July 18, 2013 at 3:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I've never had a gringo come to my door yet who wanted to trim the bougainvillea.

That kind of sounds kinky.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4390 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Blue Lives Don't Exist Foxaèr 236 11762 October 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 3087 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Vote Blue No Matter Who! Foxaèr 18 1400 June 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 941 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  GOP goes from "anchor baby" to "chain migration'. Brian37 23 3654 January 15, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I may get a lot of heat for this, but here it goes NuclearEnergy 31 8635 September 8, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Skinny Repeal Goes Down The Shitter, Too. Minimalist 43 10466 July 29, 2017 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Less than a day goes by... BrianSoddingBoru4 36 9459 May 20, 2017 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Leningrad goes BOOM! Gawdzilla Sama 34 3496 April 5, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious