Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:36 am

Poll: Were you, when you were prepubescent, already attracted to the gender you're attracted to as an adult?
This poll is closed.
Yes
90.32%
28 90.32%
No
6.45%
2 6.45%
Other. Please explain.
3.23%
1 3.23%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepubescent Attraction
Prepubescent Attraction
A member of the forum, who shall remain nameless, made the following statement today.

Quote:...your argument is referring to people that are pre-pubescent when the hormones that attract people of opposite genders are not yet functioning.

This confused me. I clearly remember being attracted to girls a long time before I went through puberty. So I would like to post a poll to see if I'm just weird.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
RE: Prepubescent Attraction
Yes. Before I had any concept of sex, I already felt attracted to both girls and boys.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
I was only attracted to girls when I was younger. I didn't find boys attractive at all till I was about 13/14 at least. Even then I still preferred girls for a few more years.
I was attracted to both, though more boys than girls.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Before I had any concept of sexuality and before I reached puberty, I had absolutely no sexual-based attractions toward either gender. I merely viewed both genders in a platonic manner.

And to further address the issue, I had no crush-based feelings in regards to either gender either.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I was the person who made that comment, and I was speaking from a biological perspective.

I also had 'crushes' on people prepubescently, which would suggest that attraction has a dual nature to it, psychological and biological.

And I'm not informed on the hormones of testosterone and estrogen but I think those chemicals are very low in a person prepuberty.

Also, none of those attractions were physical in nature, it wasn't about breasts, muscles and ass because they hadn't developed in either gender at that point.

So this strongly suggests a psychological attraction between people, and supports my hypothesis on the other topic, thank you.
Definatly, I felt attracted to girls before I even understood the concept of sex.
(July 19, 2013 at 4:44 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: Also, none of those attractions were physical in nature, it wasn't about breasts, muscles and ass because they hadn't developed in either gender at that point.

Actually when I was a little kid I was always much more strongly attracted to girls that were much older than myself. I realize now it's because they were more physically developed. Those 8th graders were smoking to my 3rd grade, 8 year old mind.

But anyway, even 6-7 year old kid's faces have sexual differences in how they appear. Especially the ones that you would find attractive. Because they are more pronounced physical clues of what gender they are.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Well... as far back as my memory can go... The first girl I remember liking... already involved removing clothing...
(July 19, 2013 at 5:19 pm)Rahul Wrote:
(July 19, 2013 at 4:44 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: Also, none of those attractions were physical in nature, it wasn't about breasts, muscles and ass because they hadn't developed in either gender at that point.

Actually when I was a little kid I was always much more strongly attracted to girls that were much older than myself. I realize now it's because they were more physically developed. Those 8th graders were smoking to my 3rd grade, 8 year old mind.

But anyway, even 6-7 year old kid's faces have sexual differences in how they appear. Especially the ones that you would find attractive. Because they are more pronounced physical clues of what gender they are.

and evolution suggests that as we advance the age at which puberty begins is becoming lower, so that would make sense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Attraction Anon2381 55 19298 June 9, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Prepubescent Attraction Rahul 2 692 July 19, 2013 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh