Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Councils have waaaaay too much time on their hands
Some Councils have waaaaay too much time on their hands
I found this news story and I just had to share.

ROFLOL

BBC NEWS Wrote:Reward to capture Windsor tree attacker

A council is offering a £1,000 reward to catch those responsible for attacking a tree at a Windsor park.

A large area of bark on the whitebeam tree, near the skate park in Vansittart recreation ground, has been cut off.

Council experts said the tree, which would cost £8,000 to replace, had no hope of survival and would have to be removed.

Councillor Dee Quick said: "It defies belief that anyone could just hack a tree almost literally to death."

Anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of the vandal or vandals responsible has been asked to contact Thames Valley Police.

[Image: _68864162_vandalisedtreec-vansittartjuly2013.jpg]
Experts said the tree would die as the bark was so badly damaged

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-23395282
RE: Some Councils have waaaaay too much time on their hands
I have no words, only pictures.

[Image: slack-attack_5029142e0ed6b_w594.jpg]
Well actualy, I dont have a problem with this.

I actualy approve.
(July 21, 2013 at 3:30 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I found this news story and I just had to share.

ROFLOL

BBC NEWS Wrote:Reward to capture Windsor tree attacker

A council is offering a £1,000 reward to catch those responsible for attacking a tree at a Windsor park.

A large area of bark on the whitebeam tree, near the skate park in Vansittart recreation ground, has been cut off.

Council experts said the tree, which would cost £8,000 to replace, had no hope of survival and would have to be removed.

Councillor Dee Quick said: "It defies belief that anyone could just hack a tree almost literally to death."

Anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of the vandal or vandals responsible has been asked to contact Thames Valley Police.

[Image: _68864162_vandalisedtreec-vansittartjuly2013.jpg]
Experts said the tree would die as the bark was so badly damaged

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-23395282

There's lots of things I think is a bit weird about this, why does it cost £8000 to replace a tree? Why does it defy belief that someone would hack a tree down? People do it all the time, Yeh it looks like they have wayyyyy to much time on their hands to me, also I hope they're using their own personal money for that £1000 reward money.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 21, 2013 at 3:30 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote:
BBC NEWS Wrote:Council experts said the tree, which would cost £8,000 to replace, had no hope of survival and would have to be removed.

I'm no expert but perhaps when it costs £8,000 to replace they should maybe just plant a new one.. you know.. for free..

(July 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Well actualy, I dont have a problem with this.

I actualy approve.

Thing is its probably a 12 year old kid that will get a slap on the wrist and £9,000 down the pan. Big waste.
But why has this made BBC News?
It is really funny because they plan to uproot another adult tree and ingrain its roots into the ground like some monumental but totally unnecessary surgery.

I do have a question though:

How long are the fucking roots of that tree anyway?!
(July 21, 2013 at 3:50 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: But why has this made BBC News?

Slow news day?

People are bored of the repeated "Its hot, I mean like really hot."

To be honest a lot of what makes it onto the BBC news website is useless.

Because it is the BBC... they are forever reporting on nonsense.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5079 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 795 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1647 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  How much do you weigh? Foxaèr 39 2320 November 30, 2021 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 401 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1104 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 283 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why does everyone want to advertise in their signature? Foxaèr 2 336 September 14, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2180 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  My Missus Is Have A Rough Time Of It BrianSoddingBoru4 14 754 April 28, 2019 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda