Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most honest look at reasons against Gay Marriage
The most honest look at reasons against Gay Marriage
You must watch this entire video. Enjoy.

RE: The most honest look at reasons against Gay Marriage
I would still like for someone, anyone, who is against gay marriage to explain to me in detail how allowing two men or two women to marry will hurt my marriage.

Also, I never really understood the use of the "if gay marriage is legal, then people will be able to marry their dogs" slippery slope argument. I mean, are there really a bunch of people out there who really want to marry their pets? Obviously if they use this argument it just shows that they have no valid objections and are using it in desperation.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
It's a strawman, and there is a serious gap in logic from point A to point B.
(July 23, 2013 at 2:54 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: "if gay marriage is legal, then people will be able to marry their dogs"
It's not a slippery slope (an argument from consequence) it's a bare non seq. It doesn't matter if there -are- people who want to marry their dogs. "Gay marriage" does not address people marrying their dogs. As you said, desperation.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I've always wondered why the people that rant about the sanctity of marriage being ruined don't seem to be concerned with drive-through chapels in Las Vegas or shows like "The Bachelor."

Oh, wait, I know why. It's because it's a bullshit argument used because they don't want to come right out and say they are disgusted by gay people.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It's all just a bunch of no-good excuses. I suggest we make fun of the bigoted idiots.
Dogs cannot give consent like adult humans can, so the gay marriage will lead to people marrying their pets argument is simply a strawman (a lame one at that). Although I would agree that the legal recognition of same sex marriages could possibly lead in the long term to the legal recognition of multi-partnered (polyamorous) marriage. However I ask to nearly everybody on here, is that a bad thing?.

Maybe then again I could be a weirdo who also believes that incest between consenting adults should be legal as well.
undefined
(July 23, 2013 at 6:00 pm)Justtristo Wrote: Dogs cannot give consent like adult humans can, so the gay marriage will lead to people marrying their pets argument is simply a strawman (a lame one at that). Although I would agree that the legal recognition of same sex marriages could possibly lead in the long term to the legal recognition of multi-partnered (polyamorous) marriage. However I ask to nearly everybody on here, is that a bad thing?.

Maybe then again I could be a weirdo who also believes that incest between consenting adults should be legal as well.

I hold the same values. What other people do, as long as it does not negatively affect anyone, if they're happy they're happy, shouldn't deny them the right to be happy.
(July 23, 2013 at 2:54 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: "if gay marriage is legal, then people will be able to marry their dogs"

Yeah!!!

Just like giving equal rights to women made all men to want to be women!!!

And just like how giving equal rights to black people made all white people to want to be black people!!!
(July 23, 2013 at 6:00 pm)Justtristo Wrote: Dogs cannot give consent like adult humans can, so the gay marriage will lead to people marrying their pets argument is simply a strawman (a lame one at that). Although I would agree that the legal recognition of same sex marriages could possibly lead in the long term to the legal recognition of multi-partnered (polyamorous) marriage. However I ask to nearly everybody on here, is that a bad thing?.

Yeah I'm right there with ya. But I'd also say let them marry animals to if they want to. I really don't give a fuck....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1151 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 524 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  An honest question for the Republicans Foxaèr 26 1281 November 20, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1539 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1544 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 528 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Honest Abe. Stonewall Jackson. Jack the Zipper. Fireball 22 2057 December 5, 2017 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Top 10 Reasons Why Palin Would Make a Better President Than Trump YahwehIsTheWay 3 988 April 18, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump and Pence are not the only reasons to be sad Losty 35 5125 December 1, 2016 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Jesus, look at those early voting lines! What is wrong with these people? Whateverist 17 2369 November 7, 2016 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Aegon