Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Santa exist?
Does Santa exist?
When i ask for presents and i have been good i get those presents when i don't get those presents it means i've been bad..........

thoughts, questions, concerns?

[Image: evil-santa.jpg]
RE: Does Santa exist?
Well, of course. Belief in Santa is a Properly Basic Belief. I have to believe in Santa in order to make sense of how the presents I get on Christmas morning got there.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
rack city
Proof that Santa is real:

[Image: 275px-Twas_the_Night_Before_Christmas_-_..._17135.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm a presuppositional Santa believer: you A-Santaists just don't have a coherent worldview without presupposing the existence of Santa. How can you know anything, without an all benevolent present giver at the North Pole?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
If Santa doesn't exist, why is it you buy presents for people when the holidays come around? Obviously it's because you know in your heart Saint Nick exists and you're trying to stay on his nice list.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Santa is an invention by Coca Cola to market their product better, he is based on a byzantian medieval saint of the the eastern orthodox churches who lived in Anatolia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas

And that is exactly how I would explain it to a 7 year old! Big Grin
Yes. Santa exists. I have proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FReZqgTjS8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugT9uPG51Ko
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Whenever I ask my wife what the hell happened to our bank accounts in December, she says 'Shhhh....Santa'. I guess that makes him real, and her his accomplice?

I can't wait to shift blame on national 'Snort Blow Off a Hooker's Ass Day' now...
The Ontological argument. If we can imagine Santa then he has the capacity for existence and therefore he exists.

Or - if we can imagine a world with Santa then all worlds have Santa.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23741 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Santa Claus Interaktive 2 695 December 26, 2019 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Google's Santa Tracker Fake Messiah 15 2410 December 25, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2238 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11076 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4615 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Could Hell exist? Europa! 20 4572 September 16, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Answers to "if god did not exist" Foxaèr 25 8914 June 2, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Santa is an anagram for Satan goombah111 34 5010 January 27, 2017 at 5:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  11 reasons god doesn't exist. Braveheart 43 72557 November 30, 2016 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Cyrinistar