Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Greetings
I've been lurking on this site for a while and decided it's time to join in the fun.

I am a 46 year old father of four and grandfather of two. I've been an atheist since I was a teenager. I really don't have a dramatic de-conversion story. Skepticism came easily to me as a child, and I simply realized around age 13 that I didn't believe a word of the church's major claims as recited in the Apostles' Creed. I never looked back.

It continues to blow me away that 21st Century people who have attained the age of reason and have a library card could possibly buy into ancient religious claims. Then again, we are peculiar animals.

I look forward to participating in the conversations and hope to play a small part in helping to advance reason and modesty (two virtues often notably lacking among the faithful).
RE: Greetings
Guten Abend
Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome to the jungle
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Aw, man, you gotta change your avatar. We already got a guy using that one. It's going to be confusing as hell.

Welcome!
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
A person with good avatar taste I see.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Yay. Another older guy.

Welcome aboard.
(July 26, 2013 at 12:40 pm)Rahul Wrote: Aw, man, you gotta change your avatar. We already got a guy using that one. It's going to be confusing as hell.

Welcome!

Surely there's room in this world for two people who choose a famous mouth-breather for an avatar. Anyway, thanks to all for the welcomes.
Welcome very muchly and suchSmile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 723 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1161 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 800 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1271 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1226 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1219 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2761 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 985 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm