Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Here for Advice, but Hi!
Just Here for Advice, but Hi!
I’m mostly here just for some advice that I didn’t think a non-athiestic forum space would provide. I don’t have much time to spend on forums anymore which sucks since forums can be pretty epic.

I’m a college student in the Bible Belt. I wasn’t raised with a religion, although my parents are both religious. I actually automatically assumed that everyone I met was an atheist; that reflex didn’t change until college, but sometimes I still blindly assume atheism. :p I don’t think I’ll ever become religious or ‘spiritual.’ None of it makes any sense to me, and a lot of it doesn’t appeal to me personally either.

I’m studying for a B.S. and hopefully eventually for a doctorate’s in one of the hard sciences. It’s kind of kicking my butt at the moment, but it’s fun.
RE: Just Here for Advice, but Hi!
Welcome!
Good to have you aboard! Pull up a theist and make yourself comfortable!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yo hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hello and I adore your avatar :3
Oh hai dere. Welcome.

What do you need advice on?
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Welcome to this corner of the web... oh student of B.S..... I thought you could just be born full of B.S.
Welcome Smile what science were you looking to research into?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Yay, thanks for the welcome! :D

(July 27, 2013 at 1:44 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Good to have you aboard! Pull up a theist and make yourself comfortable!

Well, um, that’s actually an appropriate welcome message considering my problem.

(July 27, 2013 at 1:56 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: Hello and I adore your avatar :3

Thanks! The art is not mine, but, regretably, I forgot to note down the artist when I had first saved the image. I believe there’s still a watermark on the image, though.

(July 27, 2013 at 2:09 pm)Rahul Wrote: Oh hai dere. Welcome.

What do you need advice on?

I’m going to post about it later! It would be kind of weird to post it in the intro post, right?

(July 27, 2013 at 4:00 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome to this corner of the web... oh student of B.S..... I thought you could just be born full of B.S.

Not according to Avicenna.

(July 27, 2013 at 5:37 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Welcome :) what science were you looking to research into?

I wasn’t looking to research into anything. I’m already doing research in it! I just want to be able to keep getting paid to do research in it. ^_^
Lots of weird stuff happens in intro threads.

Hello.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello and Advice Requested TheJefe817 3 534 May 22, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1775 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Just joined – here's my story! GeorgiasTelescope 20 4104 June 25, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2277 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hi, an agnostic here ... just agnostic. TheHuxleyAgnostic 47 4105 November 12, 2016 at 4:06 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Rainbow Being a Noob is hard but here goes... Joods 34 4796 March 19, 2015 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Joods
  New here and need advice Kalyssat 24 4078 October 18, 2014 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Just landed here Hotel Bravo 23 2820 July 11, 2014 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Alabamian Atheist in Need of Advice Celi 55 11270 April 6, 2014 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6684 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United