Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Good Quote I Found On Youtube...(yes, Youtube)
Shocked 
A Good Quote I Found On Youtube...(yes, Youtube)
I'm not certain if this quote was authored by the Youtube user that posted it, but I got a kick out of it because it accurately represents my consistent experiences with theists. Please let me know what you think about the quote. You may also share your own favorite (topical) quote in this thread. Thanks.

“Arguing with a theist is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what moves you make, the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and then strut around like it’s victorious.”
RE: A Good Quote I Found On Youtube...(yes, Youtube)
I think I've seen that quote as a banner on one of the freethought blogs years ago.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

The original quote appears to refer to creationists, rather than theists. Some credit the quote to an Amazon reviewer named Scott D. Weitzenhoffer. Given that the review in question was posted in March 2005, it's plausible that this is the original source. ()

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
That's a fairly well known quote, is it not? I've referred to it on there at least once. lol

It's from a comment on Amazon 8 years ago.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 5851 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3125 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78538 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2818 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 2852 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2540 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11592 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3313 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4615 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!! MellisaClarke 99 30746 May 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Aliza