Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:58 pm

Poll: Would you actively participate in removing the 7th day from our current method of counting time?
This poll is closed.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
11 100.00%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is a goof
God is a goof
Hey I was wondering if anyone else here has a problem with this issue.

For as long as our history has been recorded we have been under the religious authority of keeping a 7 day week.

Please vote if you would be willing to be active in the removal of the 7th day and active in promoting a 6 day cycle global standard.

A six day cycle would be much less complicated with our current understanding of planetary rotation and star orbit.

Also, keeping 2 days of rest each cycle would make the weak week a little easier to handle on people and give us an increase of about 4.4% free time over the course of a year.
RE: God is a goof
Certainly not. WTF would I do on Sunday? I hate football and won't go near a fucking church.
Cut out one of the days on my weekend? Are you fucking crazy?
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
Interesting idea, but would that throw off the seasons and cause other weird things?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 28, 2013 at 11:32 pm)Tartarus Sauce Wrote: Cut out one of the days on my weekend? Are you fucking crazy?

Not cut it out, increase it. Now we have 2 out 7 days as weekends. Then we'll have 2 out of 6 days as weekends. Your weekends have just increased by almost 5%.
Someone had better tell the Moon what we've got in mind. Otherwise it's going to carry on having a twenty-eight day orbital cycle (give or take) and throw all the months out.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hmmm. I was more thinking along the lines of: Let's have a 3 day weekend. Two days are just not enough.

Not sure how the title of the post translates to the content. Can someone help?
(July 28, 2013 at 5:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Certainly not. WTF would I do on Sunday? I hate football and won't go near a fucking church.

With you on the church part, but I need my NFL, gotta have something stupid to yell at. Plus it gives me an excuse to drink beer.
(July 29, 2013 at 6:31 am)ITChick Wrote: Not sure how the title of the post translates to the content. Can someone help?

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
How did this dude get banned after only 3 posts? I read the posts and they didn't strike me as ban-worthy. This thread was stupid, but I didn't think it was worth getting banned over! lol.