Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, all.
Hello, all.
Hello there. I'm sure most of you probably think I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque to wind up at these forums, but I hope you'll enjoy having me around.

I'm sure you know more about Mormons than you ever wanted to since Mitt Romney recently ran for President. My desire in being here is probably akin to the atheists' here: to let you know who the Mormons are and to help smooth any wrinkles caused by misinformation about us.

Oh, and I understand that swearing is second nature to you, and even though I try my best to keep a civil tongue, it won't bother me if I see any of you cussing, and I won't make a fuss about it either. In other words, feel free to be yourselves, as I intend to do just that as well.
RE: Hello, all.
I really don't give a shit about Mormons as long as they don't knock on my door Saturday morning.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Wow!!! A real mormon!!!!

Here in Europe we dont have your kind, it simply wouldn`t catch on since alcohol and a eased attitude towards sex is part of most countries culture.

Anyway, Guten Abend und Willkommen
(July 31, 2013 at 6:06 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I really don't give a shit about Mormons as long as they don't knock on my door Saturday morning.

But we give a $#!^ about you Wink Chances are good this will happen every now and then. What would you say if you saw Missionaries at your door?
Howdy! Please explain about the special underwear for temple... I'm curious about the soul marriages too...
Quote:I'm sure you know more about Mormons than you ever wanted to since Mitt Romney recently ran for President.

I knew I didn't want him in the White House. Had nothing to do with mormonism though. Just the fact that he was he was on the GOP ticket was enough.
Did you really "rebaptise" Hitler???? I can send you his corpse if you want?

Do tomatos from Utah really have no taste?

Is there a mormon space program?

Did you try if your underwear really protects you from bullets?

Did you once drink alcohol? And did thunder strike you as a result?

(July 31, 2013 at 6:06 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I really don't give a shit about Mormons as long as they don't knock on my door Saturday morning.

I actualy regualy knock at my neighbours doors at 2 or 3 am when I am so drunk and confused that I cant find my place.

Sometimes they are nice enought to show me directions.
(July 31, 2013 at 6:13 pm)festive1 Wrote: Howdy! Please explain about the special underwear for temple... I'm curious about the soul marriages too...

Howdy to you too! The special underwear that we receive in during the Temple Endowment ceremony is called the Temple Garment. There's not much else I can tell you except that we should wear it at all times, and that we need to keep it as close to our skin as possible. I believe it's sacrilegious to elaborate further, but I know you can find more information that's been leaked about it just by doing a Google Search Wink

I think the Soul Marriages that you are referencing are actually the Sealing Ceremony, where a man and woman are sealed to one another for Eternity; essentially this is marriage forever and ever. I was sealed to my wife in the West Jordan Temple in Salt Lake City, and that is also where I received my endowment before I served a two-year mission to Tucson, Arizona. We believe that this sealing power extends to our children as well, so they are sealed to the parents, and their children will be sealed to them as well if they perform the sealing ceremony with their future spouses.
(July 31, 2013 at 6:23 pm)PeterPriesthood Wrote: There's not much else I can tell you except that we should wear it at all times, and that we need to keep it as close to our skin as possible.

And do you wash it aswell?
(July 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Did you really "rebaptise" Hitler???? I can send you his corpse if you want?

We put someone in his place as proxy for the baptism. Baptisms for the Dead are performed without the corpse. Smile

(July 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Do tomatos from Utah really have no taste?

Perhaps we import the good ones! Thinking

(July 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Is there a mormon space program?

Just Space Doctrine.

(July 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Did you try if your underwear really protects you from bullets?

I don't know if I believe every story thought up by members of the Church, but I suppose anything is possible when one has enough faith.

(July 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Did you once drink alcohol? And did thunder strike you as a result?

I sneak a drink from time to time. Breaking the Word of Wisdom every now and then is the least of my worries. I even drink coffee regularly. Back in the days of Joseph Smith, it was really only a recommendation as the Prophet regularly drank wine and ale and even smoked tobacco.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3379 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 703 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1758 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 719 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2946 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2649 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1289 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2130 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3303 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4135 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty